Resurrection of the Red Turd, Bob's '86 SVO Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
    Ah, I needed that spanking. I've had trouble posting pictures since I had the good computer violated by some internet pirate. I will do my best to get something on here.
    really, it's okay to admit you're a Camaro driver

it is ironic that and internet pirate violated you with pictures (this is complete conjecture on my part), now you can't post pictures
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 13, 2011, 06:52 PM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Shamed into action

I'm still learning

Comment

Whoa, genuine parts car pressed into service.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
          Whoa, genuine parts car pressed into service.
          x2. bob you are the man if you can get that thing back on the road...!
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

you're competing for the Lazarus title.... about that junkyard dog....

Comment

is it sad that i have driven cars that where in worse shape then this "parts" car?
              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
                is it sad that i have driven cars that where in worse shape then this "parts" car?
                Don't feel bad, I've done the same. The Hoser looked worse than the Turd when I started.

I was saving this one to stick an Eco-boost in the back seat. Would have been killer, but...getting back and forth to work is more important.
                I'm still learning

Comment

a eco-boost swapped SVO would be sweet. 320hp v6 twin turbo
                  Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                  Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

that would be cool... that motor was my 2nd choice for the CTS spider.

Comment

Don't see anything wrong with the paint - it's all one color(ish).

I'd definitely ditch the rear seat and stiffen the shell up.

Comment

That's certainly the direction I'm heading.

I want to try and get this thing back on the road for less than $3,500 in New money. I've got a bunch of parts and stuff laying around so its not like someone will be able to duplicate the cost, but it will be fun to see if I can do it.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

so what are the plans?

Comment

"PLANS...we don't need to stinking plans!" To paraphrase a favorite movie...

I've got to sit down and write it up. Still in the gray matter stage. I've sent off for a new Late Model Restoration catalog, been thumbing through my NPD catalog and, even though its a long shot, looked through the Maximum Motorsports catalog. Most of the good stuff will get transfered from the Hoser to the Turd. I've already got subframe connectors on the car, and will transfer MM adjustable rear control arms, MM panhard bar, Koni sports, three different flavors of springs. I've got one of the racecar development engines sitting on a stand, just a had gasket and a inspection away from installation. I need to rebuild the fubared transmission, but I've got the rebuild kit sitting on a shelf. I'd like to rebuild the unrebuildable front lower control arms, I've got the part number for a moog ball joint that can be used in replace of the shot "lifetime" bj that is spec'd in the lca.

Most of the issues are whether or not to paint, cage, sound proof, redye or reupholster the interior, etc. Also, I'd really like to install a torque arm suspension, but MM doesn't make one for the 7.5". So I either weld one up myself or buy and modify an MM piece.

With the lingering ailments from the accident, I've got a week or two before I can really dive in. I'll put together a plan and a budget and get it on here.
                            I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post

Just for shits and grins, hit it up with some of this!

Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

That picture brings several (unrelated) thoughts:
                                1) I still think if you got a bigger dog, you'd have fewer car parts missing.
                                2) although, you don't need much of a dog to protect a Buick.
                                3) sometimes people need to give a few more instructions... when they said get a mean, black dog, they meant get a BIG mean black dog to protect the ranch.

Comment

Working...
                                X