Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stoneshrink View Post
    That picture brings several (unrelated) thoughts:
    1) I still think if you got a bigger dog, you'd have fewer car parts missing.
    2) although, you don't need much of a dog to protect a Buick.
    3) sometimes people need to give a few more instructions... when they said get a mean, black dog, they meant get a BIG mean black dog to protect the ranch.
    Get near that damn car, and he turns into this!!!

Formerly Shannon (aka: HillbillySailor). 2549 posts.

Comment

I think that hood will buff out I. Had a ranger that was that color. The stuff I used was chroma (sp?)
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor2 View Post
        Get near that damn car, and he turns into this!!!

He turns into El Chupacabra? that's just nuts!
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Yep, that's a very rare mini, mini rottweiler. Crossed with the special chupacabra chihuahua bred by the Incans. Cross that dog at your own peril...LOL

Yep, I'm going to hit the paint with that cleaner this weekend. My son is going to come over and move it out of the boneyard to a place where it can be worked on.
          I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
            Yep, that's a very rare mini, mini rottweiler. Crossed with the special chupacabra chihuahua bred by the Incans. Cross that dog at your own peril...LOL

Yep, I'm going to hit the paint with that cleaner this weekend. My son is going to come over and move it out of the boneyard to a place where it can be worked on.
            I think the stuff Russel is referring to is called Chroma Ultra polish by Presta. I've never used that, but I have used the Nu Finish. The paint I had on an old LTD wagon was almost as bad as on your Mustang. Took two polishings to do it, but it restored it. I'm guessing the Ultra polish does the same thing Nu Finish does, but I've only seen it for sale in a couple of places.

Comment

NuFinish did absolutely nothing for the paint on my car.

and here's my guard dog with all her jacked up teeth.

Last edited by BBR; July 15, 2011, 01:59 PM.
              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                NuFinish did absolutely nothing for the paint on my car.

and here's my guard dog with all her jacked up teeth.

Hmm, I wonder if they changed the product, but not the name...because it was about 15 years ago when I had the LTD wagon. It worked great then. How old was your car? Did it have the enamal paint, or the newer basecoat/clearcoat finish? Mine had the enamal paint.
                Last edited by HillbillySailor2; July 15, 2011, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Nu Finish really only works to restore the shine on older paints, not so much on the base clear stuff...The Mothers California Pre Cleaner and Carnuba does amazing things..I took my cousins Camaro with nasty faded blue paint and turned it into a really nice car over the period of 8 hours of constant buffing and polishing....She was blown away..and payed me 100 bucks because she was going to get it painted...I talked her out of it...It did not need it..It jsut wanted some TLC...
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

This is a single stage paint. I bought two bottles of NuFinsh, now I got to talk the boys into applying it...Yeah right!! Big goal this weekend is to get the car moved to in front of the workshop. I'll play with the NuFinish on the hatch. I can probably talk them into at least that.

I'll take pics, so no bellyaching!!! Geez.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

I'll take pics, so no bellyaching!!! Geez.
                      Yes, we are an impatient bunch, aren't we?

Comment

Gawd, it's morning already, so where are my pics? Huh? Huh? Huh?

NuFinish is cake compared to compound and polish. I don't think you'll get really sore from it. Compound on the other hand... I'm not sure I'll ever try that again. I'd rather use comet. Good luck getting the kids into it. Sometimes they just want to help, maybe you'll get lucky.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Comment

You guys are killing me. Spent the morning over at my buddy's shop getting the cabinet blaster working again. I need it to restore/repaint a bunch of the parts. Just loaded it with fine "black beauty." I've heard the stuff is pretty good, I'll find out shortly. Also showed off the racecar to a new racing friend that is contemplating the same racing class. He's just stepping up from HPDE stuff to a serious build.

Boys haven't shown up yet. Damn!!
                            I'm still learning

Comment

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!

In a series of unscientific but nonetheless noteworthy experiments, Bob Holmes has determined that the paint on the red turd CAN be saved.

Film at 11:00...
                              I'm still learning

Comment

Film at 11:00...
                                Uhh....it's 11:06.....

Comment

Working...
                                X