No announcement yet.

Resurrection of the Red Turd, Bob's '86 SVO Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woohoo! and well before September 12th (60 days) too!

I give you grief, but I'm well behind my scheduled 1st drive of my Buick in 2017.
    Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; July 1, 2014, 04:59 AM.
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Life gets in the way from time to time. The idea is to enjoy the work, not make it into a taskmaster.

We have about a month of work and a dyno session before it hits the track.
      I'm still learning

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
        Its RUNNING!!!

I have to figure out how to get the video off my new iphone (piece of crap) and post it here.

Apparently we had the wrong injector driver. With the correct one, it pretty much fired up. MAN that was great.

Now to finish it up and get it back on the track.
        WHOOOO!!!!!!
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• What was the difference in injector drivers?
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

• We apparently ordered one for a different mother board (I think?). Andrew brought his peak and hold driver to do the work until we buy one for ourselves.
            I'm still learning

Comment

• The Red Furd is finally smogged. The intermittent problem cured itself by breaking completely, allowing us to find the problem. The shear pin on the distributor finally sheared, previously it was just wallowing out the hole and retarding the ignition by a bit at a time.

With a new to us distributor in place, it fired off and ran like a champ. Jason ran it down to the Smog Wizard wherein it was declared cleaner than a whistle and ready for license and registration. We'll take care of that next Monday.

It didn't really cost much to get the car on the road. It just takes a bunch of time to take a car from a shell to a running, licensed vehicle. We probably would have been done 4-5 months ago if we hadn't ran into the intermittent ignition problem. There were several months where we just walked away from the frustration.

Now the next phase begins, stick a Gillis valve on the wastegate tubing and TURN THAT MUTHA UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait for the carnage photos, and if no carnage photos, we'll do a twin cam head swap. Stay tuned.

I seem to be having more fun letting my son spend the money and helping him wrench, instead of me spending the money and wrenching by myself.
              I'm still learning

Comment

• Your schedule was slightly whacked when you decided to try flying... bad Bob.

Comment

• You speak the truth.
                  I'm still learning

Comment

• Yeehawwwww! Licensed, registered and legally on the road.

After spending a morning at the DMV, we have the paperwork sorted and the tags on the car. It coincides with Jason taking a job that requires some travel. We'll be putting together the emergency travel kit this weekend.

We've decided that we won't hot rod it until he has purchased some reliable transportation.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

• congratulations - but where's the fun in having a reliable car? sheesh,

Comment

Working...
                      X