Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my 39 plymouth ??

so lets see if this fits the bill?

it is a 39 plymouth coupe that I got for a 454 , the engine was a 98 out of a chevy truck and a builder but a good core.
    this car has been passed around from person to person and never finished. it is a 2x4 steel tube frame ,mustang II front end with a dana 60 out back with a locker 4:11 and strange axles.

Since I got it I paid $100 for a set of seats
    $60 for a shifter
    was given a power glide with a brake in it
    bought a 10 point cage for $250
    given a hurt 408 small block ( he leaned it out and burned a couple valves) the 408 was payment for assembly of a 462 and that is were I am at so far on it the headers will be oredered in a week for $190 tires were on the car are new

so that is it does it fit the $5000 challange so far?

I still need lots of stuff so we will see but the engine and tranny should be in it this week then...
    Attached Files

oh ya I know there is a th400 in the car in the pics but it is just a case

Comment

Absolutely!!
      I'm still learning

Comment

flippin sweet! I remember seeing pics of this in another of your threads - I'm sure with your talents you'll have this thing flying for not a lot of dough.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Very jealous,even if it is a mopar product.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhed1971 View Post
            Very jealous,even if it is a mopar product.
            it is a mopar body has a custom built frame mustang II front end and a chevy engine and tranny lol oh and a dana 60 was a drag car in the 60's with a chevy in it so I don't wanna hear anything from you MOPAR guys about putting a chevy in it lol

Comment

Well hell, I like it, even if it gets chevy power. Lots of work to go on it, but looks solid.

Comment

I like it - and officially hate you. lol. j/k. I really like the body style. It screams 'shine runner at me, but I have to picture it without the meats in the back.

Do you have the running boards?
                Last edited by Beagle; September 12, 2011, 05:56 AM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                  I like it - and officially hate you. lol. j/k. I really like the body style. It screams 'shine runner at me, but I have to picture it without the meats in the back.

Do you have the running boards?
                  I have the running boards but am up in the air on useing them I may make a collector that goes in the bottom of the fender off the header the boards are freaking heavy and beat or I may build new ones as for the tires it was tubed when I got it lol I was going to build it to look like a 40's custom /tail drager with skirts to hide the tirs but that idea was shelved for going faster

Comment

That particular body style looks almost as good as the '40 Ford IMHO. I really like this project, yes please on the running boards! I wonder how '87-91 F-series headlights would fit...sorry, thinking out loud, your project, not mine. ;)

Comment

Well things were moving slow ,had a good friend,mentor at work pass away been helping his family that slowed me down but back at it now

few pics
                      I got the engine in 410 small block I built for a buddys elco and he had a garage mishap ( gas line leak to the heater and the shop blew up) he is building a 71 camaro now I built the engine for and gave me this one
                      the bar is in and the framing for the floor have to finish the tranny tunnel. I have to bolt the intake on but needed intake gaskets and am waiting for my Msd to get back it is being rebuilt but here is a quick look.

The intake and carb are going to get tried on here and see were to go after I get it running ( what I have around it is a 780 and i traded a performer for the strip domanator) the engine had a tunnel ram on it so the cam I have in it is in the same rpm band as this intake is . it is a lil .620/.630 hyd roller all comp valve train. Carb I have owned forever. the nascar aircleaner is being plumbed to the firewall and to the cowl vent for fresh air (hood is a center hinge so no scoop lol)
                      Attached Files

Comment

oh and the valve covers were another buddys he passed and his wife gave them to me I tried to pay her and she insisted I take them so his name goes on the trunk with a list of others

My wife dubed the car The "Misfit" as it is left overs and peices of this and that with fors fron axles and chevy engine and mopar rear and body etc... I said ya that fits/

Comment

KEWL!

What's the gauge in the cowl/ firewall? neat idea. I like the air filter housing too. misfit - surely with your skill - nothing will be "miss fit" and it sure won't run like an ill fitting set up - no shame in using a conglomeration of parts from a number of friends - way cool project. Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend and mentor - that's one of life's tough pills to swallow.
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

thanks man ya it was hard but he was in a lot of pain way to long only thing harder was when my father passed they were friends of each others and I never knew it till my wedding day when they were hanging out lol small world.Both great men and both taught me a ton!

Ya the car is coming together and I have no shame in using parts from friends old or left over projects lol keeps the price down,it should run good were hoping for high to mid 6's in the 1/8th so it will run low 7's all day and stay together and not have to beat it to death lol.

the gauge in the fire wall is an oil pressur gauge there will be a temp gauge also in it and a starter button makes it easyer to adjust valves tune etc...and it filled a hole from when it was a race car way back lol.

Comment

If I could get my junk to run 8's in the 1/4 for 5k, it wouldn't be this cool. It's official - I hate you.

lol. j/k Jay ... need update pics
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X