Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
    rather than hijack, I'll answer this on the CTS page
    It's Bangshift! Home of the derail and hijack!!! lol. Feel free, I've been smashing my skull on the keyboard almost daily. I could use some company. lol.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Picked up a clutch pedal assembly yesterday, 35.00 from a yard. You have to take the entire f*ing dashboard off to get the clutch pedal assembly out? Wow. I sort of faked it since the dime I got it from was already partially disassembled, but I don't see it going back in without taking the dash off. I was eyeballing the shifter boot but decided against getting it. I may talk to them later to see what they want for it. It's the inside part of the boot. I'd use a Mustang universal boot on top of it, or use a leather jacket I have to make a boot.

I'm looking at it and hoping the mounting holes already exist on my cab. I don't think they do. Sigh. I'm also looking at it and thinking about putting a quadrant on it and using a Mustang cable instead of the hydraulic setup that GM uses. I already have the cable and a quadrant.

Comment

I'm so sold on hydraulic that I'd never go back to cable... but my experiences with cable are they pull through the firewall and it's a PITA to fix...

as for removing the entire dash, yep, that sounds about right...
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

After spending two weekends jacking around with the front end on the Lightning and fighting every 16 year old bit of it, I'm starting to question the wisdom of this venture... the t5 may have to wait. I'm wanting it to move on it's own and the 4.3 runs great. There's a rebuilt 4l60e on the floor in my garage to fix what ails this truck, and I'm (DAMMIT) thinking about just fixing it and giving it back to my dad since he's whining about not having a truck already. He's got a point - I kind of hate to make it worth nothing in resale just to amuse myself. I have other much more suitable for hacking vehicles.

is this what it is to get old? YACK.

Comment

Working...
          X