X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mater View Post
    ouch

i do need you guys input on the cost of soemthing though. i am going to turbo the lebaron i will be using stock GTP injectors but no idea what to price them at as they came off of my black car i scrapped last year. one yard had them listed at $70 for a set (LOL) but i can get them on a local forum for $1 an injector
    ONE BILLION DOLLARS.. hell, that was easy... now move your car out of the part of the forum. Next question... Muahahahhhahaah

I'll let somebody else answer. Grin.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

if i blew a million on a k-car i would check my self in to a psyc ward lol
      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

Originally posted by Mater View Post
        i do need you guys input on the cost of soemthing though. i am going to turbo the lebaron i will be using stock GTP injectors but no idea what to price them at as they came off of my black car i scrapped last year. one yard had them listed at $70 for a set (LOL) but i can get them on a local forum for $1 an injector
        $8 it is. SBG I think is on the right track, you have that opportunity in front of you, and any others if they were in your shoes would jump on it. It's a matter of being resourceful. Some times you call in favors, and some times you happen to be in the right spot at the right time. It happens all the time for a lot of people and I think it's fair game.

So how much would it cost for you to send me $16 worth of those $1 injectors?
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

If this turns into a group buy thing, consider me in for 8 of them!
          Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I'm in for 16 if they are high impedance... they're 36's?

Comment

LOL the guy only had 6 of them haha

but yes factory GTP injectors are 36.5# @ 43.5psi
              Last edited by Mater; May 31, 2012, 08:45 AM.
              Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
              Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

I love looking at all the stuff guys do to keep costs down, and I'm all for using up my leftover parts stash, but somewhere along the line, it's sad to admit I lost my taste for the kind of machine I would end up with for 5K.

Last year, in a multicar trade with 2 of my brothers, I ended up with the 67 Belvedere that one of them had just finished Drag Week 2011 with. As a point of reference I gave up 4K in boot, and a clean, painted, project 70 Barracuda. I then dumped 3150 dollars in parts alone into it before my daughter drove it on Drag Week 2012. I still have improvement plans tha will keep me wrenching and spending on it right up until Drag Week 2013.

Where did I go wrong???

Comment

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
                  I love looking at all the stuff guys do to keep costs down, and I'm all for using up my leftover parts stash, but somewhere along the line, it's sad to admit I lost my taste for the kind of machine I would end up with for 5K.

Last year, in a multicar trade with 2 of my brothers, I ended up with the 67 Belvedere that one of them had just finished Drag Week 2011 with. As a point of reference I gave up 4K in boot, and a clean, painted, project 70 Barracuda. I then dumped 3150 dollars in parts alone into it before my daughter drove it on Drag Week 2012. I still have improvement plans tha will keep me wrenching and spending on it right up until Drag Week 2013.

Where did I go wrong???
                  Ummm, besides starting with a Mopar? Mopars may be many good things, but budget friendly isn't one of them.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

So how is the competiton stacking up? I have around 3k in my Capri it went 143 mph
                    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

I hit 25 mph for 1100.00 in Monica's car! I guess a go-kart would have been cheaper.

Comment

I've lost track on the falcon - but I know the $999 AC kit pushed me over the $5k barrier, that and $425 for two rear tires!
                        I was planning on using swap meet wheels - but when they leaked air and even a second application of JB weld wouldn't seal them, I broke down and bought a pair of summit legend 5s at $116 each, to match the other swap meet wheels I paid abt $30 each for.

After surviving drag week, I have to say that the AC kit was a good investment, as a lifelong midwesterner - I don't do heat and humitidy well.... and AC will allow the car to be more practical as a fun daily driver to and from work, picking up Lee from daycare, etc.
                        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                          I've lost track on the falcon - but I know the $999 AC kit pushed me over the $5k barrier, that and $425 for two rear tires!
                          I was planning on using swap meet wheels - but when they leaked air and even a second application of JB weld wouldn't seal them, I broke down and bought a pair of summit legend 5s at $116 each, to match the other swap meet wheels I paid abt $30 each for.

After surviving drag week, I have to say that the AC kit was a good investment, as a lifelong midwesterner - I don't do heat and humitidy well.... and AC will allow the car to be more practical as a fun daily driver to and from work, picking up Lee from daycare, etc.
                          How long do you expect Lee to be in daycare?

Comment

He's not even 3 years old yet SBG - not quite ready for Harvard Law.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                              He's not even 3 years old yet SBG - not quite ready for Harvard Law.

While I understand that (how do I say this delicately?) sometimes projects take far longer than originally envisioned

Comment

haven't had the car a year yet.... I don't think I'm doing too bad for a working Dad with a wife that travels a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X