Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

62 Falcon - $5k challenge, how will it rise from the ranger's ashes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea - at this point I think I'm done contemplating a summit ignition box,etc. MSD stuff has failed me too. Pertronix FTW so far.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

• Drove this car a little this summer, still has the auto. Trying to get house projects done, then the shop addition, then maybe I can finally get back to working on cars.

Comment

• Man talk about falling off the map. Long time no hear hope everyone is doing well.
        Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• Originally posted by pintoboy77 View Post
          Man talk about falling off the map. Long time no hear hope everyone is doing well.

by now his son should be driving
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Sorry guys, work has been completely totally in all other ways nuts, then add in Lee's activities and all of the sudden, poof - there went a year or two! SHEESH.

The falcon is still mine, I've toyed with the idea of selling it just due to neglect, but then I drive it and decide that's a dumb idea.
            It still has the auto, it still has the dented LF fender, the unfit 60 grille, no headlight surrounds, and it still has no interior to speak of, but its still fun to rumble around it occasionally.

Comment

• Glad to hear things are going fine. As for the falcon if it ain't eating you out of kibbles let her sit in the garage.
              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

• you'd lose money selling it - it'll be there when you need it for Lee that doesn't, however, absolve you from your absence from here ;) I think you're going to have to get an indulgence from Pope Sasquatch

Comment

• Glad to know some of you missed me. It's been a weird time - both of my folks passed last November, and I'm secure enough to let you all know that threw me into a bought of depression like I've never before experienced. I didn't care about anything. I felt like I could sleep all day every day and still never really feel awake or alive. It's been a struggle to say the least. I've been warned that anniversaries will be painful - and I'm sure this month will be rough. Last Thanksgiving we had the memorial for both mom and dad, my brother sister and I all spoke for a short time, I was a blubbering idiot. I'm thankful for the tremendous outpouring of great memories and hugs from family and friends that have become family. I'm thankful my sister still lives in the house we grew up in, and I'm thankful for her tremendous strength and perseverance as the oldest sibling - which I now understand translates to "the one that has to deal with the most paperwork and responsibility when the folks pass on". We have found a buyer for their place in the chicago suburbs (a friend of the family wants to downsize so that's working out perfectly). My wife Rhonda and I are figuring out a way to hold onto their place in Florida - she spent most of her maternity leave there with Lee and we have a special attachment to the place. Hopefully we can continue to have good luck with a seasonal renter who's keeping it from being a financial loss and takes great care of the place.

Sorry to spew a bunch of personal junk - but I consider you guys friends/hotrod family, and you deserve an explanation for by absence.

Comment

• We will get the falcon in tip top condition in no time-no worries.
                    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                    DW- 12,16,17
                    "Stay thirsty my friends"
                    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• Glad to see you on here......I thoroughly enjoy our emails and texts, but the forum has its own flavor of communication that's hard to beat.

The world has been rather abrasive to my little corner of it lately too, suffice it to say I get where you are coming from.

Glad to hear that mower is kickin' butt too!
                      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• it is tough - I like this saying, life is for living because the alternative is worse. After I lost my brother, some of the damndest things would remind me. It doesn't go away, it doesn't get better, but the pain does subside. Glad to see that you're reaching back out to friends - it's truly a sign that you're healing.

Comment

• Sorry for your lose John I have felt that same pain. I've lost a dad and a older brother and a niece but it does get easier you don't ever forget them but it does get easier. Take care buddy.

Comment

• Hey John, I'm a bit behind on the BS front but I'll say I can really empathize with at least some of your feelings now having lost my Mom in July. She was only 66 and had just been retired for two months. I am not looking forward to these first holidays without her but as the oldest, I'm trying to help Dad with everything I can and definitely trying to spend as much time as I can with him. Good luck with the Florida house as it sounds like you guys have a definite personal connection with the place in addition to that tied to your parents. Take care bud and I look forward to seeing you and Matt moving forward with the Falcon.
                            Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

• Thanks guys - truly appreciate it.

In keeping with family tradition, Mom justified quite a few purchases with the phrase "AND, ITS BLUE!" well, the Falcon has a new stable mate:

Comment

• Oooo-Baby. My great-Aunt Dorothy had one of those.....I remember laying on the ground when I was 7 or so, trying to see under that factory low-rider.

Congrats!

352? 390?
                                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X