No announcement yet.

1960 Bel Air...Finned crew cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always interested, love the low buch but good quality cars like this. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by Impalarod View Post
      Yep, been there, done that. Oh, as I said, been away for awhile, You will like this...Next project in waiting, bought a 70 Mach 1. A abandon project, NO RUST, no dents, converted to 5.0, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc...all the hard work is done, just got to finish! Always wanted one...
      NICE - that was my first car - but 351c4v 4spd.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The paint and polish work is very nice. Makes a huge difference.
        I'm still learning

Comment

Well, I've been busy...Plugs and wires in, starter, alternator, A/C compressor done, belts on, engine wiring done, carb bolted down, along with so much little stuff I can't remember. Used all Alan Grove brackets...like em. Moving on to A/C lines and under dash unit, need to get it all mocked up just to take it all back off again to have hoses crimped. Maybe I can hear this thing run someday...

Don
          "Big cars need lovin too"

Comment

Looking good! What headers are you running on it?

Comment

They are Headman full length...Have the same ones on my '63. They fit well
              Don

Comment

Tell us more about the brackets - they look factory - which is good - I don't need nor am I willing to pay for polished billet brackets.
                What did those set you back and are they Chevy only?

Comment

They are very well made tig welded brackets. I have used them before and they line up perfect. They mostly make Chevy stuff although they are getting into small block Ford slowly. $95 for the alternator and a/c, $75 for the power steering. The a/c bracket came with my a/c kit, so I got the alt bracket for balance. The factory p/s bracket didn't give me enough adjustment because of the 605 gear conversion (pulley was touching a boss on the gear) so I tried their bracket. It gave me a little more room but still had to grind the edge off of the boss. Funny thing about these old big Chevys....there is no room for anything.
                  Last edited by Impalarod; November 27, 2012, 08:41 AM.
                  Don

Comment

Thanks for the info.

That is the bracket that came with my air conditioning kit I got for the Falcon:

Comment

Almost affraif toask what your definition of "show quality" is after seeing the engine bay shots....
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Ha! Thanks...well a lot of work and time has been put in the engine bay. A lot of thought as well. I was trying to get it pretty nice under the hood to overcome the fact that I probably won't paint this car and a little shock factor that this is a four door sedan. I am sure I will get the comments like "why didn't you do a 2 door?"......well I want something different...I have the feeling this car will be so much more fun than my "fancy car".
                        Don

Comment

Originally posted by Impalarod View Post
                          They are Headman full length...Have the same ones on my '63. They fit well
                          Yeah, I have them on my '60 El Camino too - any pics of the rest of the exhaust (on either car)?

Comment

This thing is looking good! Can't wait to see more.

Comment

Originally posted by racingsnake440 View Post
                              Yeah, I have them on my '60 El Camino too - any pics of the rest of the exhaust (on either car)?
                              Don't have any but will try to get some. The Impala has 2 1/2 inch pipe and the mufflers are 40 series Flowmasters not in the factory spot but in a pocket under the back seat. Tail pipes are run over the axle just inside the wheel wells and dump at about a 45 degree angle just behind the rear tires. The Bel Air has no exhaust yet but thinking the same and exit to the side in front of the rear tires....cheaper
                              Don

Comment

Okay, the original plan was old school with 8" rallys, narrow trim rings, and baby moons....well I bought the caps and trim rings and instead of old school I am seeing old man. Not what I was looking for. Enter the swap meet in Moultrie Ga. the week before the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona. (huge 3 day deal) I have Coy's wheels on my Camaro and love them. Guess who has their fully stocked vendor trailer there....you guessed it...COYS.
                                Well it's now 20x8.5 and 18x7 Coys C-5 wheels. Gonna have to start selling off some stuff to stay in the under 5000 budget. It is my wifes fault....she said that I would not be satisfied unless I got them, think I'll keep her around a little longer.

Don

Comment

Working...
                                X