Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• milner351
    replied
    Tell us more about the brackets - they look factory - which is good - I don't need nor am I willing to pay for polished billet brackets.
    What did those set you back and are they Chevy only?

Leave a comment:

• Impalarod
    replied
    They are Headman full length...Have the same ones on my '63. They fit well

Leave a comment:

• racingsnake440
    replied
    Looking good! What headers are you running on it?

Leave a comment:

• Impalarod
    replied
    Well, I've been busy...Plugs and wires in, starter, alternator, A/C compressor done, belts on, engine wiring done, carb bolted down, along with so much little stuff I can't remember. Used all Alan Grove brackets...like em. Moving on to A/C lines and under dash unit, need to get it all mocked up just to take it all back off again to have hoses crimped. Maybe I can hear this thing run someday...

Leave a comment:

• Bob Holmes
    replied
    The paint and polish work is very nice. Makes a huge difference.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Originally posted by Impalarod View Post
    Yep, been there, done that. Oh, as I said, been away for awhile, You will like this...Next project in waiting, bought a 70 Mach 1. A abandon project, NO RUST, no dents, converted to 5.0, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc...all the hard work is done, just got to finish! Always wanted one...
    NICE - that was my first car - but 351c4v 4spd.

Leave a comment:

• mopar57
    replied
    Always interested, love the low buch but good quality cars like this. Keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• Impalarod
    replied
    Yep, been there, done that. Oh, as I said, been away for awhile, You will like this...Next project in waiting, bought a 70 Mach 1. A abandon project, NO RUST, no dents, converted to 5.0, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc...all the hard work is done, just got to finish! Always wanted one...

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Those valve covers are mucho bueno - very very nice. I can only imagine the time spent polishing those fins -I'd surely have caught a corner on the buffing wheel and sent one rocketing into my leg and smashing onto the floor.

Leave a comment:

• Impalarod
    replied
    Thanks! Lots of work and very little cash in them. 25 bucks at a swap meet, and about 4 hours of free labor. Blasted them, Etch primer, paint, polished the fins, then cleared. Hope they stay that way.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    the valve covers came out great!

Leave a comment:

• Impalarod
    replied
    Well it's been so long since I have posted anything I doubt that any interest that was here may be gone now. Either way, here we go again...
    Moving very slow but progress is being made. Decided to take a look at the 700R4 and glad I did, had to be rebuilt. That is done. Camshaft changed out in the 350, Comp Thumpr slipped in. Decided to go with no repaint, patina all the way, re-do inside bare bones, and clean and purdy under hood and slam it. So if I remember how, here is a few pictures instead of 1000 words.

Leave a comment:

• Impalarod
    replied
    That is quickly becoming the plan..

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    The rest of the car can look like crap, but the engine bay has to be nice and shiny.
    Last edited by Scott Liggett; March 15, 2012, 11:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    LOOKS GREAT! I understand the laziness - daylight saving time sucked an hour of my life away over the weekend, and I'm feelin it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X