1960 Bel Air...Finned crew cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks comfy!
    I look forward to seeing what he did with the door panels.

Good upholstery shops that don't charge crazy prices sure are hard to find!
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

The memories this build brings back... Like when you close your eyes and see images of rusty metal. You are 100% correct, it is hard not to try and make it perfect. wait until you have more of it done but cant drive it yet, then you will see more stuff you wish you had done better. Keep telling yourself, its a driver not a show car. I have to all the time... all the damn time.

Comment

I am going to put this on the wall of my shop - probably have it made up in vinyl lettering:

"don't let perfect get in the way of done"

Seriously - one of the most meaningful statements / philosophies uttered on this site.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          I am going to put this on the wall of my shop - probably have it made up in vinyl lettering:

"don't let perfect get in the way of done"

Seriously - one of the most meaningful statements / philosophies uttered on this site.
          I agree. Think I'll do the same. The seats are comfy. The guy doing them is a good friend of mine. Not top end stuff even though he can do it. Just didn't want it in this car. As long as they sit well and match the theme of the build I am happy. This car is not for everyone, but I will sure enjoy it. Just what I want. Will be my daily driver several days a week
          Don
          "Big cars need lovin too"

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
            The memories this build brings back... Like when you close your eyes and see images of rusty metal. You are 100% correct, it is hard not to try and make it perfect. wait until you have more of it done but cant drive it yet, then you will see more stuff you wish you had done better. Keep telling yourself, its a driver not a show car. I have to all the time... all the damn time.
            Yep. I have show cars. contantly cleaning and polishing. Tired of that. When this car is finished the only rust left will be surface rust, All cancer will be gone. What I have been overlooking is pinholes in a few braces...and they have been repaired and coated. No looking back on this one. As I said, it will outlast me
            Don

Comment

Don, this is coming together real nice. I've missed a couple opportunities to pick up $500-$1500 X-frame cars over the years because I've been waiting for the right '65-'66 to come along at the right time. This thread inspires me to consider the older 58-64 models a little harder.

Also, those refinished valve covers are awesome. Blast, etch prime, paint, polish the fins. I'm absolutely going to remember that because the only thing I don't like about finned valve covers is they are usually chrome or black. I didn't think about painting them. Maybe I can find a set of these cheap and put the blue on them...

Alan Moore - Wichita Falls, TX
              1976 Gran Torino 351C - Four Door Whore

Comment

Originally posted by occupant View Post
                Don, this is coming together real nice. I've missed a couple opportunities to pick up $500-$1500 X-frame cars over the years because I've been waiting for the right '65-'66 to come along at the right time. This thread inspires me to consider the older 58-64 models a little harder.

Also, those refinished valve covers are awesome. Blast, etch prime, paint, polish the fins. I'm absolutely going to remember that because the only thing I don't like about finned valve covers is they are usually chrome or black. I didn't think about painting them. Maybe I can find a set of these cheap and put the blue on them...

Thanks Alan, yep, I think the valve covers turned out well. Best thing is I may have 30 bucks in them. Have paid close to ten times that for nice valve covers before. The days of $500- $1500 x frame cars is coming to a close pretty fast. Keep looking, they are out there. I would love to have a nice 66 Biscayne or Bel Air big block, one of my favorites. But I have always been drawn to 60 to 63 big Chevys like a moth to a flame. Stay tuned, if I don't burn myself out, I'm pushing to get this one done...
                Don

Comment

Working...
                X