No announcement yet.

Flip this car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't find confirmation but I suspect that the Stikit paper will work when wet - you're not soaking the pad, you're washing the surface you are sanding. It will probably stay stuck to the board just fine. There is one way to find out for sure...

You use your hand to feel the final product - literally close your eyes and feel it. Using it to sand is a good way to get low spots in my experience. I use a board or a block and I still suck, but it's better than by hand. The pressure is more even with a block, which is also why I would say get a looong one... less chance of creating low spots.

If you're using the roll of sticky paper (stikit) I bet it will be fine wet sanding. I'd give it a try.
    Last edited by Beagle; December 18, 2012, 11:05 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

spray bottle full of clean water and a drop or two of dish soap is what I've heard works best for wetsanding small areas at a time, doing a whole car is a laborious tedious mind melding task that seems to take weeks.
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

this came up in the GTA swap thread and I am bumping it up hoping to see how it all finishes (no pun intended)
        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

You too! Lol, My wife and I had a "conversation" yesterday about this and our fleet. She was saying how its been a year... Car is not done..... So I told her I not be watching TV with her in the evenings I was going to be in the shop. Yesterday I finished putting the ranger back together got it out of the shop. Cleaned up some, moved the 98 back in, never did work on the car, but I got some other stuff done in the shop. Looked at some of the ramdom parts I have going to try to ebay something.

I will be sanding Bondo tonight!!!!
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

That may be the most difficult job on a car to get motivated about - sanding.... ugh.

Good luck - and even more good luck with the balancing act of work / life / wife / family / hobby.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Still not perfect tomorrow going to spray some rattle can primer on it so it will be one color. Then I will decide if I want to work on it some more or move on.

Cell phone not doing very well tonight. Do the have camers with WiFi that can up load to photobucket

PB 60' 1.49
              ​​​​​​

Comment

what Milner said......and as far as stalled/slow projects, you can't beat me. Getting the shop cleaned up and ready for work is a job in itself!
                Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                  You too! Lol, My wife and I had a "conversation" yesterday about this and our fleet. She was saying how its been a year... Car is not done..... So I told her I not be watching TV with her in the evenings I was going to be in the shop. Yesterday I finished putting the ranger back together got it out of the shop. Cleaned up some, moved the 98 back in, never did work on the car, but I got some other stuff done in the shop. Looked at some of the ramdom parts I have going to try to ebay something.

I will be sanding Bondo tonight!!!!
                  my wife keeps asking when I'm going to finish and sell the 'vette (and yes, been explained that since the Buick went, the 'vette stays).... so I'm with you in spirit.
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thanks SBG! we are kind of car heavy right now picked up the Suburban and the Rogue is not selling so The drive way is pretty full. She has a huge aversion to RUST my Capri is siting on the car trailer behind the shop under a cover, she can not see it but she fills bad for our neighbor Steve who can see it.... All this is the reason the Shop project is back on the burner, need more space to park!

I am thinking about listing the Cummins for sale, I think its going to cost me money so I might see if someone else wants it more than me.
                    Last edited by Russell; January 15, 2013, 09:59 AM.

PB 60' 1.49
                    ​​​​​​

Comment

Wow time flies but vert little work done. Cummins and Rogue sold. Capri is sittling in the field at my parents house with a bad fuel pump and dead battery. I worked on that door some more. Will take pictures someday. Was at the junkyard the wanted $60+ for taillights, told them to keep them. Picked up a set of taillights, fender trunk lid and door mirror for free tonight, well it cost me about $12 in gas and 3 hours time

PB 60' 1.49
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

Good stuff man, love seeing these transformations! Keep plugging at it, we're here watching and can't wait!

Comment

you know, a lot of these cars came with 3.27 rear ends... and I bet this one has one piece axles still.

Comment

Yeah I think it does have 3.27 rear disc brakes 5 lugs and i think its wider. Not ready to part it out, need to wet sand it I should have a sanding party. Cook BBQ all y'all come over be done in no time!
                            Last edited by Russell; November 10, 2013, 06:44 AM.

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                              Yeah I think it does have 3.27 rear disc brakes 5 lugs and i think its wider. Not ready to part it out, need to wet sand it I should have a sanding party. Cook BBQ all y'all come over be done in no time!
                              2005 up wheels will take care of the wider. Shame you're 1/2 way across the country, I'm hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                                2005 up wheels will take care of the wider. Shame you're 1/2 way across the country, I'm hungry.
                                1/2 way? you're 1/2 - he's the full distance.

but as people keep telling me to put the sandpaper down - probably your car is safer and better looking without my clubs attacking it
                                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Working...
                                X