633csi rightpedals bavarian junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 633csi rightpedals bavarian junk

I hope this qualifies as it is RWD, a 5speed, and a slant six (groan if you must).

I went with a freind to pick up a 3.0

The old guy is selling off his entire collection mostly MGB stuff. There were 3 633 cars and 2 635s. I got to talking and $300 later the 633 fallowed me home. It was shipped from AZ in 2008 and sat after the fuel pump died. The more I talked the more parts he gave me.
    fuel pump
    4 new bilstiens
    new clutch set
    front and rear glass
    weatherstriping
    fender and bumperets (to repair the damaged one)
    about every motor in the car (wiper window radio)
    computer
    dash controls
    dash cover
    family of mice

The car was filthy dirty scuzy

I have since cleaned it up and will shoot more pictures when it is daylight.

I pulled the lift pump to get an idea of what i am playing with. Had to order one one line $70 after shipping. The pump he gave me is the pressure pump under the car. it looks strait forward. But why two pumps?

Car $300
    pump $70
    filter+lines $40
    total to date $410.00
    Last edited by rightpedal; October 23, 2012, 03:14 AM.
    Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Nice score! Those can be lovely cars with the right stance and wheels & tires. A local friend picked up a clean M6 roller for something like $1200, then he built a non-M engine for it with a turbo and Megasquirt. Goes like hell on track, I went for a ride in it as Mosport last year, and it looks bad azz.

Good luck with the project!

cheers
    Ed
    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

WOW - you stole that thing - those have always been neat looking cars, I hope it serves you well for many years - BMW inline 6s are very durable when treated right - a friend has well over 300k on his 328. Is this your new daily driver or an autocross car or?
      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

nice score.... amazing how quickly a car can fall from worthy-of-shipping to rodent home.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Why do they always want to share the rats? Hate that. Anyway - nice ride. If there's anything I don't care if an LSx goes into, it's Euro anything. An aluminum 6.2 would be great in there! Good luck with it, post up more pics when it's clean. Looks like a great score!!!
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Don't forget to dress like Sonny Crockett when you drive it.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Ed I don't see that kind of dedication with this car. But one can dream (my dream would not involve a six cyl)

John the short answer is sure... I daily drive the work van cause most places I go is work. weekend/days I don't need a table saw. It needs to shed a pound or twelve hundred. This thing is portly 4350 lbs.

SBG The guy I got it from had maybe 16 cars that I saw ranging from parts junk to immaculate he had to many projects.(I aspire to be him one day)

Begs That dream I mentioned earlier involved a 671, a couple of carbs and a big bug catcher. It would look cool and totally give the finger to the purist.

Scott Didn't spencer for hire have a 635 that one of the side kicks drove. I can see it now carrharts a pink shirt and a white jacket.

Picks when I am home in the daylight.

Steve
              Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Cool new project, have you worked on a Chevy lately?
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

No we move in to the new house this weekend and I really shouldn't be working on the bmw. That said new fuel pump in we have pressure but no spark.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by rightpedal View Post

SBG The guy I got it from had maybe 16 cars that I saw ranging from parts junk to immaculate he had to many projects.(I aspire to be him one day)

Steve
                    as long as you dabble in cars, you will be there someday soon

*I use as evidence to support my point the fact that you're moving and you still bought the car
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Car $300
                      pump $70
                      filter+lines $40
                      total to date $410.00
                      You forgot to deduct $25,000 from your new home-value now that thing is in the driveway...

Kudo's for playing around with the German stuff!
                      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I'm mildly jealous. Occaisionally I look for an old Capri II for a beater. This would be better. The 3.0 CS I think they called them? I still have a weakness for them.

Last edited by Beagle; October 25, 2012, 04:59 PM.
                        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

That's the car Mark bought and what I originally went to help with. I would post a pic but I haven't figured a way to pull it from flker

Steve

Comment

In case you want anouther one
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Scott Didn't spencer for hire have a 635 that one of the side kicks drove. I can see it now carrharts a pink shirt and a white jacket.

Steve
                              I can't remember except Spenser's dark green '65 mustang fastback. Or, was it black? I think Moonlighting, Bruce Willis' show, had a silver one. I think. It's hard to remember cars you don't care about.

That car was popular to the yuppies in the '80s.
                              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X