No announcement yet.

633csi rightpedals bavarian junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like older jags - these things with american power and aftermarket wiring are a sweet alternative. it's amazing how well the efi 302 fits into a lot of things. they look like they belong in the boxy volvos.

A friend and I got talked into helping out a relative of his - swapping engines in a late 90s xk8 - never again- the engine was a certified reman, $4500, the trans the same $3000 plus $1000 to each of us for labor.... and it wasn't worth it. Trans fluid was $18 a liter, only available at the dealer, etc. The headlights are real glass - we broke one - $800. Yea, no more jags for me.... unless it's an E type replica.
    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Noticed that these late 70s 633s can be had for a song. Swap in a junkyard late-model GM v8 engine and trans and you'd have yourself a killer combo. Found two runners local for less than $1,000. Tempting if it wasn't for being unemployed.
      1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
      1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

Nice project Steve. You know I love these things. Man, the Germans really know machinery.
        Last edited by Dan Barlow; March 20, 2014, 02:25 AM. Reason: fix spelling
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

If you go for a 302 - look for the SN95 body style from a mustang '94-'95, or the last generation Tbirds with 302 which I think ended in '93. Those will have the lower intake manifold and shorter front accessory drive. The V8 explorer / mountaineer that continued through '98 had the same shorter front accessory drive and had better heads and intakes - but I think the intakes were taller (GT40-P heads on explorers have the difficult spark plug locations)
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
          X