97 Mustang GT- Cross-Country runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Mustang GT- Cross-Country runner

Well, here she is- Rusty's car number 10, and the car that will (hopefully) be going cross country come July '13(exception being if my cousin comes- 50mpg TDI wins). But screw that! this is AMERICA! V8s, a stick shift, and black. also going to be driven in winter.

Oddly, this car is a 248A car, the lightweight stripper GT.... which was then optioned up with everything exceptsport seats and foglights.

sidenote- I now only have a white, black, and silver car. I swear, i dont hate color.

Anyway, here shw is in all her black assed glory:

As she sits:
    1997 Mustang GT 248A package
    4.6 SOHC/T-45 5 speed
    2.73 geared 8.8
    Flowmaster original 40s, H-pipe
    H&R supersport sprongs
    PI intake manifold
    MGW STS

Upcoming work includes:
    -new shocks/struts(originals are still in it)
    -rear brakejob
    -E-brake! i haz none

also may be getting hood pins- the hood popped up on me the other day. opinions?

It came with some parts I plan to sell- another midpipe, stock H pipe, and a set of 99-04 cams (more aggressive). but the total as of now:

Car: 2600.00
    DMV: 200.00
    snow tires: gift from now-departed Hank

Total: 2800.00
    Local person
    sigpic

Car looks nice! clean all the crap off the latch and lube the cable

3.73's will be your friend, maybe a PI head conversion. They like the gear, small motor, heavy car. YOu lose highway mpg but it goes up in the city.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Car looks familiar, I can't imagine the 2.73 gears! Mine has 3.27, and gets such good mileage it will likely get 3.73 or 4.10 in the near future.
      1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
      1997 Mustang GT
      sigpic

Comment

Car should be somewhat decent- the GF's car ran a 14.2 with the same gearing. I'll be leaving these in unless I need the rearend rebuilt.

Oil filter housing spring a leak... woo...
        Local person
        sigpic

Comment

Mini update:

Finally logged 1,000 miles on this one. Has a strange case of disappearing antifreeze, but no signs of leaking or burning it. or in the oil. Dafaq.
          Never put on the snows, and have yet to be stuck. Although I am shopping around for summer tires/wheels (and at which points, I must get a white glove to slap brian and challenge him to a dual of the beaters). might pick up 2 more cobras since i ahve a pair on nitto 555Rs. I495 officially toasted my struts, and broke my inner fender.

one more thing: Boston - Schenectady (200 miles), it averaged 30.9 MPG. not bad!
          Local person
          sigpic

Comment

Update:

antifreezer is leaking into the valley through (potentially) an Oring off the nipple of the back of the waterpump. damn.

was given these for the hood:

and picked up these;

17x9 front, 18x10 rear

but been distracted by these

Local person
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X