No announcement yet.

Commander Cody (Lincoln Mark viii)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

says the center section is either a 7.5 or an 8.8 ring and pinion .... V8 cars should have gotten an 8.8 , v6 cars the 7.5. Here's a lovely set of 5.13's! I know a lot of the early SN95 4.6 Cobra guys were running 4.30's , 4.56's and 4.88's to help get them out of the hole.

http://www.drivetrainshop.com/Yukon_...20f8.8-513.htm
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Love mark VIII's....

been looking for a guy to trade me for the GT! no luck, sadly
      Local person
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
        There is some good info out on the web about the Lincolns and the t-birds, For some reason I though the only tbirds with trac loc where the Super Coupes and I thought they mostly had freeway gears (2.73) I am pretty sure the standard 8.8 R&P will work, and I think the trac loc is the same. Please verify this else where before taken as truth.
        Manual trans Super Coupes had 2.73, auto trans SC had 3.27. 94-95 SC auto had 3.31 with an open diff, because they had traction assist.

cheers
        Ed
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
          http://www.tccoa.com/articles/mn12-t...action-lok.htm

says the center section is either a 7.5 or an 8.8 ring and pinion .... V8 cars should have gotten an 8.8 , v6 cars the 7.5. Here's a lovely set of 5.13's! I know a lot of the early SN95 4.6 Cobra guys were running 4.30's , 4.56's and 4.88's to help get them out of the hole.

http://www.drivetrainshop.com/Yukon_...20f8.8-513.htm
          5.13s will give me what about 5800 rpm at 40 mph???? lol I still want to be able to cruise it, just put a little more pep im its step.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
            Love mark VIII's....

been looking for a guy to trade me for the GT! no luck, sadly
            I've been looking at them for a long time myself. just finally found the right one and the right deal. And by god the stock tune is awful in these! totally neuters the car.

Comment

So the air ride decided to do a "kitty crusher" revival last week. Swapped some tbird coilovers in the front and have some coils on order for the rear as well.

Comment

Suspension is all better (has been for a while, just been too busy to post)Click image for larger version

Name:	Lincoln.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	872031

Also removed the godawful tint the PO hacked onto the windows.

Was able to get my hands on a set of spare rims for dirt cheap. Mark viiis have an odd lug pattern at 4.25"x5. Have a set of nitto drag radials in store and a planned trip to new England dragway in a couple weeks. I need to get a baseline for future modifications (Ie: gears, exhaust, etc)
                Last edited by stangbanger; August 27, 2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Well was supposed to have a race this sunday, but it was rained out. Instead I bit the bullet and jmodded the trans and added upgraded accumulators for the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. Trans shifts amazing now. very firm, but still very streetable. Definitely worth the effort!

Comment

Working...
                  X