1956 Pontiac Chieftain, saving another one from the brink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shelty View Post
    other than the gratuitous use of bondo in that 1/4 looks like a nice score. please tell me that you picked it up for 4g or less

funny thing is me and my shift partner were talking about how you dont see 65-66 fast backs for sale anymore
    Its a 66, 289 auto, numbers match, runs good, brakes are weak from sitting. Came with all the parts, tons of new stuff, quarters, doors, a fender, mostly new interior, the original snowflake wheels. $2600

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK View Post
      Its a 66, 289 auto, numbers match, runs good, brakes are weak from sitting. Came with all the parts, tons of new stuff, quarters, doors, a fender, mostly new interior, the original snowflake wheels. $2600
      Holy cow! You stole that car!
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

The Pontiac is going to be a sweet ride!
        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
        DW- 12,16,17
        "Stay thirsty my friends"
        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

I hate you in the best kind of way.
          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            I hate you in the best kind of way.

I know right? damn, you need to be charged, cuz you indeed stole that car. running jeeze, so much jealousy lol
            Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Son's friend bought a 66 mustang... Running driving car.. Needed a tuneup.. He is no mechanic.. First thing he did? Tore it apart to rebuild it.. 2 years go by.. Where is everything? Half outside, half inside doesnt know what is what... $500 he paid for it and thinks he can find another...

Comment

They're around, even up here but not for $500. I'd say $2500 will get you a complete car needing only minor rust repair, maybe running.

Fastbacks are another story. You don't see them very often and I havent seen one for less than $4500 even very rusted out in years.

This one needs a complete restore, but the frame rails are solid, its had floors and seat risers done, and came with new quarters, wheel houses, doors, one new fender, one good original fender, 2.5" fiberglass cowl hood, a good original trunk lid, new valance panels, carpet, headliner, sill plates, dash pad, seat covers, a good original console, reproduction steering wheel, new bumpers, brackets, all the fold down seat stuff. Its complete except a windshield. Someone had a start on it, then it sat for a couple years under a tarp untouched. I'll start a project thread on it when I get started on it.

Comment

Cant wait,-maybe 2 build threads at a time??
                  HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                  DW- 12,16,17
                  "Stay thirsty my friends"
                  The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Great score on the fb! You did get the back light glass? I know not that long ago they were as hard to find as snake hips.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Andy - when you're in town for autorama - remember that NPD is just up the road from our place - if there's something large that would require truck freight shipping you need for the mustang - that would be a great time to pick it up and haul it home yourself to save the shipping - you will have to pay michigan sales tax though.
                      There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I did get the back window. All the moldings are there, inside and out. The original doors are complete, ready to donate their guts to the new shells.

I don't like the cowl hood, that will have to go. I'll put a stock flat hood on it, or maybe the Shelby GT350 hood.
                        Last edited by VTJUNK; February 17, 2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                          Andy - when you're in town for autorama - remember that NPD is just up the road from our place - if there's something large that would require truck freight shipping you need for the mustang - that would be a great time to pick it up and haul it home yourself to save the shipping - you will have to pay michigan sales tax though.
                          Might be a good idea to keep me away from there lol. I need to keep focused on the Pontiac and a bike I'm building. That's enough for now. I have a friend who is a good body and paint guy that is going to work on the Mustang, at least start putting some of the panels in it. I'm too tied up right now with the other stuff.
                          Last edited by VTJUNK; February 17, 2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

how is the x-member coming along?

I just got my '66 running again. sadly she is going to go past the 5 grand budget... mine is more 8500
                            Last edited by Shelty; February 18, 2014, 06:25 PM.
                            Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Originally posted by Shelty View Post
                              how is the x-member coming along?

I just got my '66 running again. sadly she is going to go past the 5 grand budget... mine is more 8500
                              I haven't had much time to work on it this past week or so. made some gussets for the rails, cleaned up the side rails and made the butt plates where the X goes into the rails.

The Mustang body is started, CB750 Cafe conversion going on, major trailer rehab before we leave for Detroit, and I've been helping a buddy with a T bucket paint job.

Comment

How's this grab you
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X