Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1973 F-250 - Turbo BBF - It's alive!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yep! Got to wait for a good deal used, just like the tires!

    Comment


    • I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for a deal, but just looking thru Craigslist, it looks like it's almost just as economical to buy new wheels. You can spend 300 for some used ones and probably have to drive to get them or you can spend 400 on new ones and have them shipped for free. Lol
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

      Comment


      • True! Plus you won't have to worry so much about their condition new. Not to mention...you must be itching to get this thing ON THE ROAD! Not sitting around waiting on a wheel deal!

        Comment


        • 335 from Summit for black soft 8's - I didn't see a weight rating on these wheels? Period correct for me would be Western Hurricanes and 33x12.50's... can't find those at all.



          something like that. I'll keep looking around here and see if anything interesting pops up... I kinda like the Aero D hole stuff too. I was looking for what Ford offered in the 250 dents and found this picture. It cracked me up because one of the hooters waitresses (26 year old) referred to this style as her grampa's hillbilly truck. When we laughed at her she said "you know what I mean, big mudders, but only in the back..."
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

          Comment


          • I got the chrome "modular" wheels that I put on my 57 for about $50 from a CL ad.
            My fabulous web page

            "If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Beagle View Post
              335 from Summit for black soft 8's - I didn't see a weight rating on these wheels? Period correct for me would be Western Hurricanes and 33x12.50's... can't find those at all.



              something like that. I'll keep looking around here and see if anything interesting pops up... I kinda like the Aero D hole stuff too. I was looking for what Ford offered in the 250 dents and found this picture. It cracked me up because one of the hooters waitresses (26 year old) referred to this style as her grampa's hillbilly truck. When we laughed at her she said "you know what I mean, big mudders, but only in the back..."
              in the classifieds on here, someone had those wheels listed..(Hurricanes ) and many pairs.. and couldn't get rid of them. might be worth a look through that area..

              Comment


              • u'r in texas right.. why it so cold there?

                Comment


                • Yeah I'm in Texas, but it can get freakin' cold here on the plains in the winter. Luckily, it does not tend to hang around too long.

                  Beagle, that was totally the style when I lived in Stephenville in the early 90's. LOTS and LOTS of Cummins Dodges running around with stock front wheels and big ole mudders on the rear.
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                    u'r in texas right.. why it so cold there?
                    3600 ft elevation has something to do with it. Also...Amarillo is at the north part of Texas, and Texas is a BIG state.
                    My fabulous web page

                    "If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      3600 ft elevation has something to do with it. Also...Amarillo is at the north part of Texas, and Texas is a BIG state.
                      big or not, still lower than 1/2 the country lol
                      the elevation I didn't even think of..

                      Comment


                      • I live at 4500 ft elevation, it's about 15 degrees cooler here than in Phoenix, even though I'm further south
                        My fabulous web page

                        "If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
                          big or not, still lower than 1/2 the country lol
                          the elevation I didn't even think of..
                          Texas can get miserable cold...the wind is the worst part...misconception that south is warm all the time...northern Texas was as cold if not colder than Pa...just not as much snow.

                          but back on topic, there was a set of Hurricanes for sale for a FOrd 3/4 ton here in Tucson recently, the price was cheap too...Those are my favorite rims on older trucks...had them on my old mand chevy as a kid....love them
                          Last edited by JOES66FURY; December 17, 2013, 08:34 AM.
                          If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

                          Comment


                          • the American racing alum wheels with holes around the center should be cheap.. zillions of 80's trucks had them
                            including my 88

                            Comment


                            • Hurricanes are usually 16.5 aren't they? like slots
                              My fabulous web page

                              "If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

                              Comment


                              • THIS is the look I'm after.

                                Last edited by BBR; December 17, 2013, 08:43 AM.
                                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X