Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1973 F-250 - Turbo BBF - It's off to a new home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBR
    replied
    We have a townhouse we bought for a rental about 5 years ago in a real nice part of town. It is a nice size and has a sideyard. We are going to move there for a while until we decide what we want and where we want to be. One thing is for sure, I do not want another fixer upper. I feel like I have been working on houses since 2005. Boo.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Good luck with the move, my suggestion is small and paid for with cash. But this is not your first bull ride so you don't need my advice. If I ever move I hope I take my own advice.
    Last edited by Russell; August 26, 2019, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Not quite yet because I accidentally sold my house. lol

We tossed the idea around between ourselves and mentioned it to a few friends. Next thing we knew we had a offer. A very good offer. So my free time will be limited for a little while. Thankfully, the truck and shop stuff is not at my house so I don't have to move any of it.

Injectors are in and I need to measure to make rail retainers. I think the next thing though is to install the dummy distributor and the ignition coils.

Can't wait to neaten everything up and get the fuel lines and reg in their proper locations.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190823_171226.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	561.5 KB
ID:	1250356
    Last edited by BBR; August 26, 2019, 07:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    vroom?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    With the exception of the wideband input, the MS is completely wired up.

I loaded TunerStudio onto an old Presario 700 running winXP. Because of the age of the laptop, I was concerned that I might have connectivity issues with the USB to serial adapter. But, it worked perfectly. It connected to the MS and loaded a new base tune in without any fuss.

This MS is the one I built years ago for the original big block Ranger project. I ran it for a short time in that truck and later sold it to a friend when that truck was finally going away. He kept it, but never used it and I ended up getting it back from him when I was looking to use a MS to control the ignition in the Mustang. It worked GREAT for that. This will be the first time I have tried to control fuel AND ignition so it should be fun.

Next up is rerouting fuel lines, installing the rails, checking for leaks and installing the ignition coils in place of the distributor.

Edit: that password was left from a previous user. lol

Name:	20190822_190323.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	388.0 KB
ID:	1250190

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I drilled and tapped the intake elbow for the intake air temperature sensor. I goofed up and drilled the original hole a little too large to tap 3/8" npt. So I had to drill it on out more, tap to 1/2" npt and use a reducer bushing that I loctited in place.

Name:	20190812_180031.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	396.4 KB
ID:	1249619

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    The 3" to 4" fits perfect. I need to drill and tap the TB elbow for the IAT sensor and finish wiring stuff. I did get the Camaro throttle cable mated to the Ford gas pedal. That was a much easier option than making the Ford cable work with the LS style TB.

Name:	20190808_170638.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	421.3 KB
ID:	1249580

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Deka 80's and my transition arrived today!! Whoo hoo!! Getting closer to a running truck again!

Name:	20190808_125401.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	794.4 KB
ID:	1249382

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Messed with wiring a bit and then chased a squirrel with the cold side tubing. It was easy and really seems to be turning out nice.

Name:	20190801_173331.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	577.8 KB
ID:	1249070Click image for larger version

Name:	20190802_081402.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	712.5 KB
ID:	1249071

Leave a comment:

• Teddyzee
    replied
    That's looking great.
    I'm getting antsy to start my next project, but I need to build a garage first, which is it's own huge adventure.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Pulled the power distribution box and tied into the relays and fuses I need for the Megasquirt. There were only 3 wires I needed to add, but I really wanted to have everything running through that box.

Name:	20190731_175831.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	503.5 KB
ID:	1249037

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Started wiring stuff up yesterday. I quickly realized that I should have done this back when the front clip was off. I need longer arms because it's hard to reach back in there! I am going to pull the Ford fuse/relay box back out so I can splice into it for ECU power, fuel pump power and injector power. It is a mess right now, but should look nice once loomed.

In case you are wondering, the HEI distributor and 24lb injectors are not going to stay!

Name:	20190729_175534.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	778.1 KB
ID:	1248896

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Drilled holes in the firewall (as if this truck needed more) an fed the MSPiggy and MAP sensor hose through. Does not sound like much, but it was harder than it probably should have been due to hole placement. lol

Leave a comment:

• Teddyzee
    replied
    Looking good. Great lighting in the engine bay, and I love the fan.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    The harness is pretty much done. This megasquirt will be batch fire so this harness is pretty simple. I just need to test fit it, shorten the leads that are too long and splice it into the MSPiggy harness.

Name:	20190720_202820.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	346.1 KB
ID:	1248564

Leave a comment:

Working...
X