Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1973 F-250 - Turbo BBF - It's off to a new home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBR
    replied
    I "finished" the minitub today using a bunch of old license plates. Thought they kind of fit the vibe of the truck.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-1660425985.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	650.1 KB
ID:	1281889

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    somehow I missed this post. It may not make that much power but I keep joking that this will run like a gasoline powered diesel.

I actually worked on it today. Haha!

Well, I cut the halo bar out of it and then I started it and let it run for a bit.

I always hated how I did the halo and the front down bars and have been threatening to cut them out someday. Today was the day!

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    I was goofing around with 501 / 521 / 545 inch numbers for grins this weekend on one of those engine analyzer softwares, and it occurred to me that this setup at 7 pounds of boost is probably going to make in the neighborhood of 900-1000 pound feet of torque or more.. talk about driving through the converter! Maybe one of those diesel converters would work. lol.
    Last edited by Beagle; August 24, 2020, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Yes I diluted it only enough to cover the heads. It worked fantastic on the heads I did. I was very pleased. I just bought a cheap plastic tub, and it has become the dedicated parts cleanjng tub.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Maybe a repeat question on the Purple Power that I didn't really see the answers to in reading this again:

a) did you dilute it? Reason I ask, it takes about 20-25 gallons of fluid to cover two cylinder heads...
    b) were you satisfied with the results?

Leave a comment:

• tedly
    replied

Name:	11116104_10152874556578191_935601857_n.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	1276192

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Hey looky, it works. I drove around the lot for a few laps datalogging then decided to do a little burnout. It was almost out of fuel so didn't drive it a long time but I did get some good data. Converter *might* be ok, it is a little loose but not obnoxiously so.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Yes, very gingerly at first because I have no idea if the tune is anywhere near what it should be. Hence the need for the laptop to log my parking lot loops.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    If the hottest thing in the stable right now is the turbo 302 Mustang, this thing is going to scare you. Do you remember how to drive a high powered vehicle?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I drove it further. 20 feet forward and 20 feet back. Might make some parking lot laps today if I remember to bring my laptop to the shop.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Haha. I have only driven it 3 feet forward and 3 feet backward a few times. The shop is a bit cluttered with a certain kid's Durango lift project at the moment.

I did shut the hood for the first time in forever though. Haha.
    I hear shop burn outs are the new rage! Joking

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Haha. I have only driven it 3 feet forward and 3 feet backward a few times. The shop is a bit cluttered with a certain kid's Durango lift project at the moment.

I did shut the hood for the first time in forever though. Haha.

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    When do we get burn out video?

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    two different computers, picture is still missing.

Glad it's on it's feet!

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    First time on the floor since January 2019. Yikes.

Name:	20200721_171823.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	1275363
    Last edited by BBR; July 22, 2020, 12:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X