Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1973 F-250 - Turbo BBF - It's off to a new home!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell
    replied
    I am still waiting for 60 mph roll burn out video any dragy data yet?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Drove it home at lunch. It made it without any fires, failures or issues. Caught my neighbor's C10 in the background.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210203_115206.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	1287162

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    I have a set of 15x8 steel wheels I am going to mount some 28-10.5 slicks or something on.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Excellent! 295 45 18 drag radial?

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Holy crap this thing is fun now. The converter feels great and makes the truck so much more responsive.

Traction is now a serious problem.

Those 275/55-18's don't stand a chance.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210201_172350.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.69 MB ID:	1287014
    Last edited by BBR; February 1, 2021, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    No dice. I've been doing a tile backsplash in the kitchen, so finishing that has occupied all my free time today.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Nice! Should have some cool weather to test it in before church.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Converter is in! It was too late to test drive it so I just jacked up the back and ran it through the gears.

I accidentally knocked the MAP sensor line off and stunk up the shop with a super rich running truck. Oops. Haha.

Name:	Snapchat-1813880414.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	585.7 KB
ID:	1286898

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Converter almost in. Ran out of time to finish today. It tried to fall off the trans jack and kill me. Thankfully Jonathan was around to help me slip it back on the jack!!

Name:	20210129_171431.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	1286849

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    That was the plan here. Thankfully I had the presence o mind to put a v-band connection where I can drop the crossover pipe out without disturbing the rest of the system.

Name:	20190423_180121.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	975.7 KB
ID:	1286838

Leave a comment:

• Russell
    replied
    Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Dang. If I had made my crossover pipe about 1 inch lower, I could probably slip the trans out. It is sooooo close to coming out but just won't quite slip by.
    Luckily, I made the crossover somewhat easy to remove.
    Hopefully I will make mine easy to remove. The goal is to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Dang. If I had made my crossover pipe about 1 inch lower, I could probably slip the trans out. It is sooooo close to coming out but just won't quite slip by.
    Luckily, I made the crossover somewhat easy to remove.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Trans is almost out. It takes a while when you only work on it 30 minutes at a time. I really ugga-dugga'd the bell housing bolts when I put it together. They were TIGHT! The top two about killed me. Had to get to them from the top and noticed my oil pressure sending line is leaking while I was there.

Man, I love wallowing around on the cold floor under this thing.... not.

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied
    Converter showed up a day early.

Name:	20210126_114733.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	1286718

Leave a comment:

• BBR
    replied

Got the truck up in the air yesterday to change the converter. I am not really looking forward to doing this, but I know it will make the truck exponentially easier to drive. just hop I can get the trans out without having to take a lot of stuff apart. I wasn't too motivated yesterday so after I jacked it up, I worked on the 98GT instead. lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X