Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 41 Pontiac......"Garbage that barfed".......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunnel Rams are awesome!
    What's under it, big-inch Pontiac I hope!

Comment

A big cube angry Indian is in the future.....but unfortunately not immediately.In order for me to get it on the track this spring, I am going with the classic SBC, and a 700R with a 9". Plans for the engine are still somewhat in the planning stages, but by the end of the weekend, I should have the specifics ironed out and a direction to go in. I can say, the engine will be a very high revver, very light, could be 383, 396, 408, or even possible a 421 SBC. I have a few manufactures working with me on a few potent engine combos, but nothing is set in stone at this moment.I have a roller 1 pc main .040" over 350, that the machine work has already been completed. Already have the carbs and tunnel ram, but may go single carb with a Victor Jr. The Cam I have is already going to be too small for the heads I am going to run and the target range of the ftlbs, and HP.

Kauffman headed 463 is in the future....but have to save more pennies...
      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
      DW- 12,16,17
      "Stay thirsty my friends"
      The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Originally posted by gearhed1971 View Post
        How about taking off the front clip to kill a bunch of weight, run it open engine?
        Ok, I like yours better

Comment

Originally posted by gearhed1971 View Post
          Ok, I like yours better
          haha....thanks!
          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
          DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Had a fantastic time yesterday at the "FatMan" chassis seminar at Ididit. Class act place indeed! Thank you Milner351, and Carl Zinc! came home with a couple goodies from Carl, again-Thank you my friend!!
            Attached Files
            HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
            DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Using a Holley black electric fuel pump - assuming we're feeding less than 500HP - is 3/8 hard line / AN#6 supply and return sufficient?

Any recommendations for sumps for a stock 65 mustang fuel tank? Rumor has it they fit between the rails of an S10 like they were designed for it.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Ive been witness to the Mustang tank in the rear rails of the S10 chassis. It was remarkable how well it it fit in.
                HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Who's got a base for a weiand SBC tunnel ram?

anyone?

I can't believe anything for an SBC is not growing on trees, but they don't seem to be as available as I would have thought in the cheap used category

or would a vic jr be better??? hmmmmmm

Comment

I'm getting both sides of the conversation. Some say the Victor jr is the way to go, others argue for twin 600's on the tunnel ram. What I have noticed is, most engine builder recipes use a single carb and get into the 650 hp range on a stroked SBC.
                    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                    DW- 12,16,17

Comment

I've got an Offenhauser tunnel ram on the 400 SBC in my dragster. The guy I bought the car from said it was about 600 hp. I went 8.94 @ 145, so it's making some power, and it looks pretty cool too. 2 Carter Competition Series 625 cfm AFB's. I've got a Hilborn injection intake for it too, but I haven't put that on yet.

Comment

Doug - are you offering to sell the tunnel ram - or just taunting us with it's potential?

Comment

I think he is taunting.....

I havent done much this week with the 41. Had eye Surgery scheduled for last Wednesday, which was suppose to have me down a couple days, but at the last minute it was postponed a month. So Ive been working double duty anticipating the days off for next months surgery. Any way, we have chosen a engine/trans combination, and have a direction to head in. Probably start tackling the final welding needed to make the flip front work this weekend.
                          HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                          DW- 12,16,17

Comment

hard to weld if you can't SEE

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                              hard to weld if you can't SEE

You funny man.....Right eye is real bad, left is not so bad. All the more reason to weld as much as possible before the 20th of next month.
                              HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                              DW- 12,16,17

Comment

I wish you the best with your surgery dude.

btw, I am amazed buy the work on the pontiac.
                                Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Working...
                                X