Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 41 Pontiac......"Garbage that barfed".......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aluminum dash test......please let this work....
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17
    "Stay thirsty my friends"
    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

• RAIV70Judge
      RAIV70Judge commented
      Editing a comment
      ok ok....its my 9" rear, not the dash

dash??
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• RAIV70Judge
      RAIV70Judge commented
      Editing a comment
      ok,....I think I have got it now.

Thanks Joe-I am using photobucket for now. hopefully they can get it where I can post pics from the computer again. Ive got alot more to show, so tomorrow I will try to get all the updates caught up, and with pics.
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• JOES66FURY
      JOES66FURY commented
      Editing a comment
      looking forward to it. Was the original dash gone or was the aluminum dash something that you wanted to give it the race car look?

• RAIV70Judge
      RAIV70Judge commented
      Editing a comment
      The original dash is in the car- but all gauge cluster is missing, along with the glove box door. In a attempt to keep weight down, and make the interior somewhat appealing, I am leaning towards aluminum dash ( cover the original) and aluminum door panels.

Originally posted by BBR View Post
    Hey looky what a buddy of mine just started playing with:

1940 Pontiac Torpedo Sport Coupe, straight 8.
    James- Ive got a few decent parts if your buddy is needing something. Just a FYI.
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17

Comment

• BBR
      BBR commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to know! Thanks!

Very nice project!
    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• RAIV70Judge
      RAIV70Judge commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jim!

Great....Now for some reason I cant post from my iphone........when will the nightmare end......The 41 is ready for the mock up engine, and the tilt front is taking a little longer than I wanted. The hood is 2 pieces, and the pasenger side was whalloped in a earlier accident. So after I modified the fender, the arc isnt the same as the arc at the side of the hood edge.So I will need to rework the whole side of the hood to mate the hood to the fender. I'll update with some pictures hopefully tomorrow.
    Side note- I had a great time at Autorama in Detroit-Thanks again Milner351! Met VTJunk (Andy), Eddie, and Eddie's dad....Very good people.Fantastic show!
    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
    DW- 12,16,17

Comment

The 9" is temporarily installed just to get the check on the wheel offset. I have new spring pads to weld on. I used a 3" lowering block to try and get the ride height close. Anyone ever use a lowering block and cal tracs? Should I remove a leaf or two and ditch the lowering block?
      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
      DW- 12,16,17

Comment

I have about 5" of inboard clearance between the frame and the inner tire. I could actually run a tire 15" wide easily with a correct offset wheel.

HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
        DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Sitting on its own weight...

HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
          DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Looking cool Matt I'm digging it.
            Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

I'm still not sure about lowering blocks and caltracs - maybe best to call them up directly in California and talk to them?

I hope you can use the slots for the right vibe - I like welds but they're just not right for the vintage of this car.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Matt after watching you put this car together and seeing that 39 Chevy we looked at in Detroit, I'm keeping an eye out for one for a project down the road. You really opened my eyes to how these cars can be cool. Never cared much for them in their stock form, or for that matter, as a street rod. Cutting them up like this gives them the proportions they should have had.

Comment

I like this... Wanna do my 40 custom deluxe next? ;))

Comment

Originally posted by VTJUNK View Post
                    Matt after watching you put this car together and seeing that 39 Chevy we looked at in Detroit, I'm keeping an eye out for one for a project down the road. You really opened my eyes to how these cars can be cool. Never cared much for them in their stock form, or for that matter, as a street rod. Cutting them up like this gives them the proportions they should have had.
                    I actually sat on 5 gallon bucket for hours, multiple times, just lookoing at the car and makingg little drawings, taking notes and measurements for almost 7 years while it sat in the yard. Every time I had the courage to get it out and start cutting, I talked myself out of it. But the end creation, of just the sheet metal fabrication, is really neat. It is pleasing to look at, has Factory lines, and really is (IMHO) the body that Fisher should have built for GM in the first place. The Detroit 39 Chevy was just a true piece of imagination, and creativity-and was Kick Azz-of course. It was really cool to see that somebody had the same vision I have for the body. Of course the 39 is much nicer than my 41 is currently
                    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                    DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      I like this... Wanna do my 40 custom deluxe next? ;))
                      You dont really want to chop that up do you? (insert evil laugh here.....)
                      HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                      DW- 12,16,17

Comment

Working...
                      X