BMW 633csi (e24) slow progress build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW 633csi (e24) slow progress build

I am not 100% sure what the $5000 build challenge section is but I assumed it was for small budget builds Here is mine if I am in the wrong place will a mod please move this for me.

Well some time ago, around July 14th 2010 (so 4 years ago) a few days before my birthday, I found this on craiglist 635csi - $500 Now this I had to see.

The car had been sitting in their driveway just shy of 5 years. It was dusty, the tires were rotted out, full of cobwebs (i **** spiders), battery was dead, engine wouldnt crank when jumped. But at the end of the day it was still an e24, even the wifey liked it (she saw potential), so i told the guy "$400 if i can get it running". He agreed and i went back home for tools bigger charger and a set of temp wheels from an e32 we had at the time.

My Pop's was with me and he knows magic, he got it running in no time. Then the guy tells me "Hey I can't find the key or paperwork" WTF MAN!!! Ok he finds the key and tells me his dad has the paperwork.. He seems honest and ledgit so I tell him $300 now with a bill of sale and when you find the paperwork ill give you the other $100. Deal is made i get a car for my birhtday hell yeah, world is right and all is at it should.

The tank was empty so we fixed a leak grabbed gas and drove it home, about 10 miles, mind you no tags since 2005. Sounded and idled like shit. Would have towed but AAA was being a bunch of bitches. Got her home and gave her a wash. Went the the pick-a-part down the street grabbed some hood shocks and window switches, also fixed a leak in the intake with some tape. A week later found a great deal on set of 1.25" spacers then a month later a set of wheels. Hell yes things are coming together.

Yeah the valance looks like shit but it was just sitting there for now. I got bored so I test fit the ACS 18x8.5 with +1.25" spacer. I never got the paperwork so i ended up getting the car for $300 out right but I did not want to deal with the DMV so it was just sitting in my driveway. DD an a4 in the mean time.

Yup i was 4x4 status. Well i get a house hell yes. Sadly no garage :'( and after 8months of "ownership" I figure its time to deal with the DMV and get it in my name. Anyways make a long story short this thing I've been dreading for 8months turned out to be fairly easy and painless. thank goodness. well aside from the $600 for tags since 05. Get it smogged cuz I know people ;) and start DD. HELL YES :alright

Then i got some wheels for my e46. but I tried them on the 6 for a little while. please dont laugh.

at some point i got set of heated powered leather sports seats for the e46 but the wifey didnt like them cuz they were in bad shape. to the 6 they go with the help of a bracket for the rear bolt. Did i mention they interrior was pretty much trash cuz the windows were down since 2005? Yeah the carpet is destoryed.

my friends helped me pull me head out of my ass and i sourced a proper set of wheels. A set of ACT LS mesh in 16x8.5 et10 NO MORE SPACERS :alright woot woot. I got fed up with the valance looking so messed up so i chose to paint it black. Also cut some length out of those springs.

I got a set of Euro corners and an early euro front bumper. also got a set of rear coilovers working on gettin fronts. This is an early model e12 base so parts are not as common as the later e28 base. eventually going to go bags but that wont be for a while.

633csi_04 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

Here I am working on lowering some more and mounting different wheels

Interior Work in progress.

Did a quick night shoot with the car. First proper shots I have really taken of the car. (these wheels not for sale)

633csi 7-12 -8 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

633csi 7-12 -7 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

633csi 7-12 -6 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

633csi 7-12 -5 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

633csi 7-12 -8 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

633csi 7-12 -7 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

633csi 7-12 -6 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

633csi 7-12 -5 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

633csi 7-12 -4 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

Working on the lows again. Almost wish I didn't DD it so i could fully dump it. That will just have to happen with bags down the line.

So after lowering the car some more, staying up till 2:00 am washing and waxing the car, i'm finally on my way to this awesome event.

well then this happened:

I will be selling these wheels to recoupe some money.

damange to lower wishbone:

Honestly I was incredibly lucky as no one was injured and no major damage was done. I had already planed on taking a few days off for my birthday (what a present huh?), which aloted me the time to get her straighted out.

also straighted out some electrical gremlins and upgraded the instrument cluster.

I am selling the enkeis to recoupe some money. Feel free to make any offers if interested.
    Last edited by evilstar; July 17, 2014, 01:59 AM.
    <3 RAF

Here is another shoot with different wheels again. my favorite so far. I believe these are from a GTA or GTX

e24 mesh 8-12 -14 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

e24 mesh 8-12 -13 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

e24 mesh 8-12 -12 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

e24 mesh 8-12 -10 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

e24 mesh 8-12 -8 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

e24 mesh 8-12 -7 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

e24 mesh 8-12 -6 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

e24 mesh 8-12 -5 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

e24 mesh 8-12 -4 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

e24 mesh 8-12 -3 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr

e24 mesh 8-12 -1 by MyEvilStar, on Flickr
    Got new tires these are the opposite of the short, skinny tires I had before. I also changed the engine and tranny mounts. It was a bitch but not as bad I feared. Didnt use the cherry picker and did it all by myself.

Another photoshoot because why not?

Did a bit of work on the car to pass smog such as: O2, exhaust gaskets, oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plug wires, valve adjustment, and a new CARB cat. CA smog is my reminder of why I need a pre75 car in my life.
    Pics of engine bay. (still a work in progress)

Here is a Link to video of car running (dont now how to post directly here):

Cost wise I've spent
    Car - 300
    Tags - 600
    seats - 150
    Euro body parts - 350
    suspension - 300
    Wheels - 3000 on 3 sets
    misc repairs/maintenance - 500 so far
    Thank you everyone for reading hope you liked the photos and story. All comments welcome share your thoughts good or bad
    <3 RAF

Comment

Nice story. We like pictures!!

You put this in the right place, this was started to get members off their but and build ANYTHING. Does not need to be a big budget build for us to be interested in. Do not worry if you go above 5K, no one will throw you out...

Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Pretty neat story, and you take awesome pics!
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

neat car, i like the mesh wheels with the fat tires. it looks road racerish.

keep up the good work.
          Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Working...
          X