1950 'Bel-Air' on a Caprice Frame/Chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
    save the asphalt for patching the driveway... trust me it has been done and works!
    love the easy access fuel filler!

this is a great build, and is giving me many, many bad ideas!

Thanks Silver_Bullet... I've actually bagged up most of it to show to my buddies, just in case they ever wonder what happens when you don't change your oil

The fuel filler it convenient... I think I may cut it back and run a rubber hose through the flat pan in the back.... make it all stealth... just need to add a rear bumper in case I get rear-ended...LOL ....

I'm glad I could inspire your creativity

Comment

The Maiden Voyage... This was 1st person from the drivers view.... enjoy

Chevy Bel-Air on Caprice chassis body swap resto-mod done in 3 weeks.

Comment

Will there be more pictures of the actual joining of the new floor to the old body? I'm drooling with anticipation......
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by christcrusader13 View Post

Silverbullet nailed it, these are 3rd gen camaro seats.... I've also tired a saab seat... looks like I'll have to make some tracks that are taller because I couldn't see very well, which didn't bother me because the 1st vehicle I drove was a 76 corvette and you cant see squat out of those...LOL

Threw the other carb on and got all the vacuum leaks eliminated and now the popping is very minimal... with the help of Mr. Good-wrench AKA my Dad... got the timing better then where is was and it looks like there is just one lifter that is possibly just a little stubborn, so the plan is to run some marvel mystery oil or motor flush through it, and driver her around and see if it clears up.... other wise it's plan 'C' which is the Tune Port motor sitting in the garage
          I hope plan B works... Tuned Port, while looking great, isn't designed to be for torque... you would probably be much happier with a good intake and carb, followed up with an aftermarket fuel injection system as time and money allow! I like the way you think, and a little humor and good news is always welcome after a long day...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
            Will there be more pictures of the actual joining of the new floor to the old body? I'm drooling with anticipation......

OH.. yes... there will be more cutting, welding and grinding to come!

Comment

Scored a set of 14" Rally wheels... looks like I'll need larger tires in the rear....
              Cut down the 55 Buick bumper I found back in July...
              The Motor had a bad lifter... so I swapped it, just to see if the cam is trashed, which will help guide me to which way I should go with the motor....

Comment

Nice Dagmars...............looks pretty good on there. That lifter is whooped! Wow, hope the cam is still serviceable. Probably is, looks like the lifter was lots softer than the cam!
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Well.... the cam is smoked... my pops monkeyed around and made it drive-able... but it looks like it will be time for another motor swap... I've got a 327 from a 69 corvette that I've been itching to drop in something

In other news... I'm working on some ideas on the grill... trying to tie things all together...

Comment

Awesome build. This is hot rodding! I love the low buck, use what you have theme.
                    Tom
                    Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                      Awesome build. This is hot rodding! I love the low buck, use what you have theme.
                      Thanks!

Not a ton done over the weekend, spent some time at the Fall Grand Run and picked up some slotted mags.... I think they make it look just about right! I also played around with a set of ZR-1 Wheels...

I decided to go with some full rollers on the 327 after screwing up a 3/8" rocker stud and discovering the holes had been ported for 7/16" studs...

Comment

New poly-locks came in for the roller rockers!

Got the engine painted, decided to go gloss black with this one.

Picked up a set of headman headers

installed my temp tail lights

Now just have to make a valve cover decision...

Comment

A productive weekend!!!!!

Yanked the 305 out, dropped in the 327 and headers with 'new' exhaust I picked up from the scrap yard
                          Last edited by christcrusader13; September 30, 2014, 05:21 AM.

Comment

for some reason those photos loaded in reverse order.. hmmmmm

anyway rolled her outta the garage and put the front end on...

Also a pic of the sweet flowmaster setup I found at the pick-n-pull

Comment

Looks pretty sweet.
                              Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

I was wondering if the 94 caprice frame is the same this one is running n driving with n lt1 engine not sure what trans if it's the 700r4 or computerized one anyone no just wondering if they used the same frame in 94 I can pick it up for 300bucks n drive her home I plan on putng my 52 Chevy styline deluxe 2dr post on the frame n channeling it like u did n use the drive train especially the Lt1 engine I'd be stupid not to thanks for the info in advance n God Bless u all oh do u have pics of how u tied the body to the frame n also filled in where the floorboards didn't fit just right what u did to clean it up also on the firewall did u also use part of the caprice firewall I'm just wondering how u mounted your break booster is all we're u have it what did u half to do to get it to work thanks in advance for the info

Comment

Working...
                                X