Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Safe trip,buddy. Thanks for your help this year.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    Headed north before then if at all possible. I need to get to building, been roped into fixing too many other things this month.

Leave a comment:

• Scott Liggett
    replied
    Very cool!! Bring it to Ravenna on Saturday. It can do the car show and tractor pull.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    It can sit outside now, the windshield is in, doesn't leak, and I sprayed most the dust off. The rear tires are shot, they go flat sometimes the same day, sometimes after three or four days, so it will get different rims, probably the Centerline wheels with the five big holes, circa 1985. Maybe drag radials, maybe just BFG white letters, whatever is cheap and hooks. It's going on the trailer tonight or tomorrow for the trip north, and once I have at least concrete up there I'll finish it and drive it a bit. Maybe take it to Kaukauna WI to see what it runs.

Not bad for a $300 rolling shell I pulled out of a pasture a year ago.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    Bumper is secured, headlights mounted solidly, and the grilles are stuck in place. Much lighter than all that steel it had before.

half inch bolt hood pins work great.

rear window is in and doesn't leak, I'm getting good at glass.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    Nah, it looks like crap, but I went out of my way to make it rough looking.

painted the valence too.

Running great too, the carb seems to work quite well.

Leave a comment:

• G-Motive
    replied
    I keep trying to tell myself hoods are over-rated but I can't stand driving my Firebird without one.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    The hood looked like crap, yes I goofed up. Live and learn, the next one will be freaking awesome. This one should look like crap, thats the theme of this thing. Fast junk.

after some body work with kitty hair, it looks better. Had to do some trimming too.

Doesn't look too bad, might just be presentable once it's satin black.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    Here's a video of it running just now.

Leave a comment:

• patrickth
    replied
    Thanks. Its my 68 Lemans that needs bumper removal/ Monte is long gone. Traded it for a 91 Caprice cop car.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    The LeMans bumper bolts on with four bolts on the frame, real easy to get off. No idea about Montes

Leave a comment:

• patrickth
    replied
    Great and timely too. I am stuck on mine. I am getting mine ready for paint, but only place on car that needs a bit of body work is front valance, turn signal light and fender at that corner on passenger side. I have had two strokes and left arm and hand don't work at 100%. If I take nose cone/bumper off, can I reasonably expect to get at bolts holding fender on or should I wait until I can find help? I have air tools. The turn light was rammed into the valance and crinkled the fender where it joins bumper.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    Demon on it...

And the bumper stuck on.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    I put the 850 Demon on it, dumped 7 gallons of E85 in it, had to buy a different battery, dad gifted me a starter from Summit for helping get his Fury going good, so I filled the trans with type F and made a check to see if it would move on it's own. This little 400 rips. Also have the front bumper bolted on, need to get it secured better, but it stayed there while I cut donuts and did 200ft long wheel spinning drifts. Still can't post videos, but I'll take some pics later today.

Leave a comment:

• Thumpin455
    replied
    Paint flowed once again, looks legit despite being a bunch of hardware store crap. It's so easy to make it look rough, I kinda like this aspect of building.

yeah, really rough, but not obviously fiberglass... Especially in the dark.

The VA and I are having a tiff, so I can't finish the glass hood just yet, so I sanded and painted the steel one and it's only 30lbs heavier than the first glass hood I made.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X