No announcement yet.

Low buck 68 LeMans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was a kid one of my buddiies had a Lemans like yours that was painted with a brush, he used to raise hell in that thing non-stop. One day he came flying up my driveway with about 5 cop cars chasing. That was the end of my friend, turns out the car was stolen.

Comment

not bad it almost looks like the punishers car
      Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

Mine isn't stolen, was never worth much.

Originally posted by Shelty View Post
        not bad it almost looks like the punishers car
        Kinda what I was going for, not exactly but similar.

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
        Looking great!

And I love me some slots. Do want.
        Those are the tiny 14" slots I use to hold cars up, they fit my Fords and Pontiacs. Slots are my favorite wheels. If I get four to eight 15x9 slots then I will have big and little for two to four cars. Have two matching sets of 14" a pair of 15x8, and some random 14" ford pattern wheels. The only wheels I have more of are factory Rally II.

More to do tomorrow, really enjoying this weather.

Comment

Holley has a set of scratch & dent Flowtechs for $99.00 if you're interested. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flowtech-Hea...item5418a194a4

Comment

Looks like the nice weather is going to hold for a few more days. You will be going home tanned like you spent the winter in South Beach Miami.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Man you make quick work of stuff.
              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                Man you make quick work of stuff.

Thanks.. Doesn't have to be nice, just functional. Imagine if I could work every day and could pay for the parts all in one shot rather than every few months. I used to be faster, age is catching up to me.

Comment

ENGINE MACHINING IS DONE AND PAID FOR!!! $1500 to rebuild the heads, new springs, a couple valves, bore 30 over, clean everything, balance, pess rods on, and resurface, plus all the bearings, rings, gaskets, and related bs. Decided to be generous and let him order the little stuff and get some mark up on it. The heads are temporary, even with the domes they are pump gas chambers, and unported. The heads were almost as much as the bottom end at $650 and change. They can go on here for a bit, that way I can clean out the gas tank by running 10% through it for a while, then swap heads, and carb to some small chamber pieces that will make 12.5:1 and run the good stuff. If I go with E85 right away, all that varnish and crap will plug everything while destroying the pump. E10 cleans it out gradually so the filter can handle it. All total the engine has cost $2400 rounding up. So the forged bottom end is $1800 give or take. Funny thing, the domed slugs are the cheapest ones Summit sells.

Block I pulled from the pile of 400s and 350s.

rods and slugs.

pump gas schmump gas, gimme the squeeze!

Comment

Well, a screeching halt found me as soon as I checked tne ring gap in the cylinders and discovered the rings are 4.030 bore instead of 4.155 so I am done on it and lose great weather we're having right now. I should've ordered them. Eh well.

Comment

Todd, I feel your pain. My engine goes and stops over and over due to wrong or back ordered parts.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Rings got here, been pulling parts from the cores to finish this one. Soaking some in solvent overnight, could have it together tomorrow if everything goes well. Need that spare oil pump I had laying around.

Comment

Just ordered headers, Pertronix ignition, and an oil pump for this thing. Other than a set of rear wheels and some tires, and possibly lift bar lower rear control arms, a windshield is all I need to buy to get it moving under it's own power. Once the last order gets here, I could be breaking in the cam within a day or two if all goes well. Need to scrounge up a cam bolt, fuel pump eccentric, and a cam key from my pile of engines. I have lots of that stuff laying around, just need to find it. Got some Mustangs in town that need an education.

Comment

One of the things I noticed on these A-bodies is they ran the fuel line on the left side, I thought that was mighty white of them.

Comment

Todd - what are your thoughts on the flat tappet lifters with the holes in them designed to get more oil to the wear surface?

It seems like the hysteria around failed flat tappet cams / lifters has faded now that folks know they have to use additives, or the cheap junk parts have all been purged, I'm not sure which.

Like with your Pontiacs, FE Fords are a mighty high price to convert to roller cams....
                              There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I've read about those lifters, never used them, so I don't know. The machinist in me is dubious at best. I suppose I could try a set in a beater engine that more or less moves something around the yard, and see how they hold up. Roller cams are bare minimum $1000 for my engines, I have only two in Pontiac engines. I haven't had a flat lobe in a long time. I built a solid roller during the time cams were going south.

Comment

Working...
                                X