2007 GMC Sierra LWB 2wd Work Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 GMC Sierra LWB 2wd Work Truck

The company bought this truck for me brand new. I put on 75k and then got put in the office so another tech got it. He put on 80K and then I had to let him go so I took the truck back. I put on the rest of the miles and they retired it. The fleet is going to transit vans. So now my quarterly bonus sits in the driveway. I thought I'd want to sell the top and keep it as a yard truck but I really don't need another vehicle. So here is the rundown.

Basic work truck
    AM/FM Stereo
    Roll up windows
    Rubber floor
    Vinyl seat
    A/C (works excellent, replaced compressor/drier/condenser recently)
    New upsized tires (5k on them coopers)

I'm working on getting all the paperwork for repairs. At 155k it developed a squeaking noise from the front. It had new pulley's and a belt put on. Next thing I know they are replacing the engine. The mech said it had something to do with the crank and shavings in the oil pan. I called bull but whatever. So the motor only has 43k on it. I'm working on getting all the paperwork. Of course it is just a bunch of oil changes, tire rotations and piddly stuff but the truck had been maintained. In 2007 I was hit the back, new bumper brackets and bumper was installed. In 2010 during the ice/snow it was hit again in the rear. They did not fix the bumper this time. In 2013 a ramp came off the back of a car trailer and hit it in the front. It got a new grille, front bumper, lights, condenser, radiator. Then in 2014 the person I fired hit someone in the rear. Scraped the lower front bumper and bent the tow hook up front. Minor damage and did not get fixed. Overall it is a good truck. Everything works, fleet maintained and I just put $770 cooper tires on it. Runs and drives just fine and the heat/ac work wonderfully. This is a basic truck with a very strong 4.3 V6 and a 32 gallon suburban fuel tank. I got 585 miles out of one tank when the truck was empty and that was combined city and hwy. No check engine lights on. The ABS light is on but the brakes operate just as they always have so it may be the sensor. Rear brakes squeak in the morning but quite down after driving a hundred yards or so. Disc up front, drum in the rear. I'm trying to think of everything for a potential buyer. Looking for $4400.

Last edited by Damon23; October 11, 2015, 06:39 AM.
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com
Working...
X