Pro Street/Drag 1978 & 80 Ford Fairmont Futuras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Street/Drag 1978 & 80 Ford Fairmont Futuras

1978 AND 1980 Ford Fairmont Futuras. This sale is for 2 cars. You haul one and I'll follow you home with the other. Both cars have VIN tags and Iowa titles in my name. No rust cars. Build the Pro Street and you could also build a Pro 5.0 car! Won't split them up.

Car #1 is sitting on a Chris Alston tube chassis. Chassis is square, well made and ready to finish. It's completely welded frame and cage. Car was started several years ago and never finished. Never been run.

It has the following new parts: Front rotors, Flaming River chrome Pinto rack, tie rod ends, rack to steering column Sweet u-joint, upper and lower tubular steering shafts mounted with new bearings in a new tubular column, Longacre splined steering wheel quick connect, Grant steering wheel, Sweet intermediate steering u-joint, fuel cell, Panhard bar, 2 poly seats with covers and sliders, AFCO chrome springs front and back, Pro front chrome coilover shocks, Pro Trac 375/60x15 rear tires (33" tall, 15.5" wide), Pro Trac 5.60x15 front tires and aluminum 22x38 Art Morrison wheel tub kit.

It's got Pinto/Mustang II based a-frame front suspension all from Art Morrison. Rear suspension is Art Morrison ladder bar with a diagonal link. I was going to street drive it so started to tack a panhard bar setup in. You get both. Panhard for the street or diagonal for the strip, your choice. Has all the bumpers mounted, lights are all there, all the glass except the windshield. Still has the full cowl so you can run a standard length hood if you wanted. Wheels are aluminum 15x12 rear with 15x4.5 fronts. Rear housing is a narrowed 9" with what looks like standard Ford axles that have been narrowed (haven't pulled axles since I always put aftermarket axles in anyway for the spline count I want). Has a center section in it to build, no idea what ratio or spline count it has, haven't had it out. All mounts for the ladder bars and coilovers are completely welded on the rear axle housing. The coilover mounts are height adjustable, too.

Car #2 is just a stock car. Has good sheetmetal on it too. It's a pretty solid car that could be a donor for the Pro Street car or built by itself. Would make a great Pro 5.0 car. If you didn't know it, Fairmonts are basically stretched Fox body cars. Same front and rear suspension as Mustangs! All the Mustang suspension stuff works on Fairmonts!

I planned to use the back glass, rear wheelwells (easier to stretch the black body wheelwells with 2 sets of sheetmetal) and the roof from the gold car on the black car. Black car is a sunroof car, gold car is not. Lots of trim and small parts there, too.

Going a different direction in life. Car needs to go. Too many irons in the fire. If you want to take the black car and cut/strip the gold car here that works, too. No price cut for going that way since I have to get rid of the remains. Please, no trades.

PRICE:

$4500 gets both cars with one delivered for free.

As before, I will NOT split them up and I won't sell parts off of either one. Period.

Working...
X