57 chevy with 348

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 chevy with 348

57 chevy with running 348, motor is complete . its a 57 chevy school bus by the way... has clean kansas title has good tires ,new mastercylinder,needs alot of work..been setting 20+ years.was converted to an rv sleeps 6 full kitchen.

oh god, ive gotta ask.... how much?
    Local person
    sigpic

Comment

for a mire $2000.you could be the owner of a field fresh 57 chevy school or should i say skCOOL bus....

Comment

need pics... is it registered as a school bus or an RV? If it's RV I can get insurance. I went through hell with a 71 passenger Thomas and couldn't get insurance on it that wasn't commercial (over 24,500 and had air brakes). RV, no problem. Bus? Commercial.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

and what kind of work we talkin?
          Local person
          sigpic

Comment

its been setting along time ...i got it running with new plugs wires ,rigged up a fuel system ...i put 5 good used tires on...it has 5 22'' wheels and 2 20s..so it needs a 22'' wheel for the 6th tire.i bought a reman mastercylinder but never installed it...it has a hydrovac brake system i was told all parts are still available...it hasnt been tagged in years,,, the title say bus,,my tag agent said i should register as a rv .send me your email address and i'll send pics...
            heres the whole story on this bus.pete who's 85 now built the bus to take his family on camping trips,,he pulled a chris craft boat or a 67 bronco behind it,,,the stock straight 6 wouldnt pull it over the mountains in CO ,,so he put the 348 in..after the kids grew up he and his wife took foster kids and familys from church on adventures in it...they parked it 20-25 years ago... petes health starting going so his family made him sell 50+ years worth of collecting cars,trucks ,tractors and about everything else..had a stack of model As....after i made many trips to witicha, the bus was the last " keeper" to go before the crusher came.,,,the guy that made an offer backed out ,,pete was pretty upset that it was going to get crushed...during the weeks helping he told story after story about the times they had and all the work he did to the bus..a old man tearing up is the best leverage ive ever seen,,,so i bought it,paid to have it shipped to tulsa ,messed with it and finally gave up..ive had alot of offers for the motor,and some for the front sheet metal...i dont want to be the one to knock it in the head...a few hours with a steam cleaner and shop vac would do wonders.

Comment

Shoot me some pics to [email protected] ...

I have a buddy who loves this kind of stuff.
              Local person
              sigpic

Comment

we've opened formal negotiations at Che Beagle... the missus has not thrown a tantrum so it's a good start. Haha. She never does... pretty stable girl considering who she hangs out with.

That looks like a keeper to me. The trick will be the titling I'm guessing, Texas can be assholes about out of state transfer (safety inspection, that sort of thing).

I'd like to come see it, how does your schedule look?

Comment

im pretty open im gonna be where it is friday i can send some inside pics .....

Comment

my weekend and account just turned to poo - sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'll check mail for the inside pics. It looks pretty damn good exterior wise , particularly for it's age! I'm still scheming...

Comment

Show the misses the below pics of how it could be. That should enable things...
                      Attached Files
                      www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

oy! That is really sharp... I had some plans but that is good looking!

Comment

Very nice bus BBM !

Comment

it might have looked like that 20 years ago...

Comment

How 'bout some photos??
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                              X