This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 Impala

I am getting and feeling old. Time to get sensible I guess. Selling my base model 2 door Chev Impala. $1850. looking at other listings on C.L Ebay and such, that price is a steal. Engine in in, not hooked up but complete. Not stock but a 1971 Buick 350 2 barrel with 60k miles on it.Trans is a BOP TH 350 sitting next to it and ready to go in it. It lacks a lot of trim. but it is mostly all there with exception of front seats. I have other items I have bought (non stock) that I intended to use that I may include, such as bucket seats and a dismantled 1967 ZD sprint engine OHC-6. Its got 3 areas that need a bit of body work, but otherwise in primer. Already bought another car more in line with my current capabilities, but can't bring it home until Impala is gone.

email me on any interest. Don't seem to get updates on forum, much to my embarrassment. [email protected]
    Bellingham, Wa. Delivery is a possibility in Western states once I get a heater core in my truck.
    Last edited by patrickth; May 5, 2015, 07:55 AM. Reason: This car is gone. Traded for a 1968 LeMans OHC-6
    Why dance when you can rock and roll?

Great project car for somebody !

Comment

Yes it is. In my younger days could have had it running and probably driving on a long weekend. :-)

Comment

Wish it were closer to NC
        Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by CaminoKid View Post
          Wish it were closer to NC
          Years ago, had a kid doing software work for me. Had a couple extra 72 Monte's and he fell in love with one of them. I sent it to him for payment on work he had done. It cost me $650 at the time, door to door delivery in Raleigh. He was a very happy camper.

Comment

Bellingham to Raleigh, that will cost a pretty penny especially not running. I got a quote to have a 78 Z28 shipped non-running from San Bernadino to Atlanta at it was $1100. I did buy a car and it sat at my parents house in Seattle for a couple months but I got it here two years ago for $975 but it was on a open transport and it ran.
            Visit my sons blog:
            www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
              Bellingham to Raleigh, that will cost a pretty penny especially not running. I got a quote to have a 78 Z28 shipped non-running from San Bernadino to Atlanta at it was $1100. I did buy a car and it sat at my parents house in Seattle for a couple months but I got it here two years ago for $975 but it was on a open transport and it ran.
              Yup. Things change. The good news is the values are usually going up on vehicles to compensate. I have had zero interest on Craigslist in 6 weeks, so am thinking about just shooting it with 2K and parking it out back until I feel like getting it running. Bought another Monte and want to take it to Hot August Nights, so have other things to do than mess with the 66 right now.

Comment

I don't know about up there but a good 66 impala is hard to find down here. You'll get it sold, your price is too good and tax season is very close.
                Visit my sons blog:
                www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
                  I don't know about up there but a good 66 impala is hard to find down here. You'll get it sold, your price is too good and tax season is very close.
                  I know, it will go. I have looked at a lot of them over a lot of years. I don't want to buy or build to factory specs and most Impala people are fanatic about that. My thinking is I will let it go before I have to make those decisions and purchases. This is a damn straight body, even when taken down to base primer.

Comment

I am going to go ahead and get this running, maybe paint it and try again in a few months with a different price. . It will no longer be all original

Comment

Whats up with that Monte in your avatar?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36419.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	1008146 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020492_resize.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	1008154 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36420.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1008147 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36421.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	1008148
                        Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                        Whats up with that Monte in your avatar?
                        Just bought it. Unmolested engine Going to just detail the hell out of it at the moment.
                        Last edited by patrickth; February 14, 2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Missed the pic I intended. Meant to show mileage at just a tad over 40K Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36422.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1008150 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36423.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	1008151 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_36424.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	1008152
                          Last edited by patrickth; February 14, 2015, 12:07 PM.

Comment

I never saw one without air conditioning...at least not from the factory.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

This is a strange one. Looks like driver door got hit bad at one time. Two zings on interior, poor job of Bondo on exterior door and a color change from original white paint to red.
                              Last edited by patrickth; February 14, 2015, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X