57 Ford Ranch Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 57 Ford Ranch Wagon

Here's the link to it http://chambana.craigslist.org/cto/1099911984.html I believe Wellington, Illinois is only about 20 miles from the Indiana state line in the Northern part of the state. OK, here's a dumb question from me, wasn't the Ranch Wagon Ford's answer to the Chevy Nomad? I think I remember a neighbor having one.

Re: 57 Ford Ranch Wagon

THey are coolest when in Panel version
    Awesome Car
    I want Pontiac's version, waht was that calle?
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I'm sure the Pontiac version was called the "Safari" and they were built from 55 to at least 1960 or later but like the Nomad they went to 4 doors in 58 and lost a lot of their appeal, at least to me.

Comment

There's a similar but more complete 58 for sale on the HAMB as well, I think $6K was the asking price for it.

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix

I'm sure the Pontiac version was called the "Safari" and they were built from 55 to at least 1960 or later but like the Nomad they went to 4 doors in 58 and lost a lot of their appeal, at least to me.

The Poncho was the "Star Chief".
          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr
            Originally posted by 457Brodix

The Poncho was the "Star Chief".
            OK, what are you trying to do confuse me? That's awfully easy to do you know! I Googled it (yes I cheated) and the 55-56-57 two door Pontiac "Sport" wagons were called the Star Chief Safari model so we were both right. Then it looks like in later years they even had a Bonneville Safari wagon but it was a 4 door.

Comment

Working...
            X