Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another economy car-

Re: Another economy car-

My friend Erik (the guy that video'd my Centurion runs at the Good Guys even and my Skylark Burn out video) had a '74 Olds 442 in high school.

Unfortunately the backsides was smashed by a commercial truck that managed to drive up over the bumper.

That car purred like a kitten.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I kinda like those big old "colonnade" cars. They're sweet to drive.

There's a 73 Hurst Olds for sale here in town too-

I see a nice 68-69 in the background there too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick

That was a damn nice car...

Funny how we all thought of them as barges & undesireable during the mid/late '70s.

Nowadays, I wouldn't be ashamed to own one. Or the same era Lemans GT with the quarter window louvers and NACA hood scoops.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle
          Originally posted by Not A Duster
          Originally posted by TheSilverBuick

That was a damn nice car...

Funny how we all thought of them as barges & undesireable during the mid/late '70s.

Nowadays, I wouldn't be ashamed to own one. Or the same era Lemans GT with the quarter window louvers and NACA hood scoops.
          Guess I've always been weird. My second car was a '73 Monte Carlo, and I loved it. The mid 70's Cutlass was always kinda sexy to me. My sister had a '74, the 350's were butter smooth ... what a cruiser.
          It wasn't a 1/4 mile hero, but it was definately a cruiser and got tons of looks. Even got a picture of it in the year book doing a burn out in the school's parking lot. The interior was mint, complete with swivel seats. The seats now reside in his '69 442.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

They are cheap.Have better handling with some junkyard scouring(all parts from the 96 Impala SS suspension fits).Just find the body style that suits you,and get that healthy engine..and GO ;D

Comment

You know the big bar from a 2nd gen f body fits in them too,I have one in my Monte.
              That Cutlass is pretty nice you dont see many 4 doors anymore :'( . We had a brand new 73 Cutlass Supreme
              when I was a little kid.

Comment

I have the sway bar from a 79 T/A,on my 76 Chevelle.With poly bushings.koni shocks too.Rear bar will get mounted soon.Got it from a 79 Caprice with the F41 option.

Will have a Watts linkage installed too this summer.

Comment

Working...
                X