Corn Field Cuda on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corn Field Cuda on eBay

Did you guys see this one in Mopar Muscle? Awesome car.

I was trying to chase down a Hemi Cuda in a barn last year, but I didn't get it. I got to talking cars with this guy Mike at work, and he mentioned that the guy who did some work on his sister's cottage had the front clip from a Hemi Cuda he'd wrecked years ago. I asked Mike to get ahold of the guy, and see if he wanted to sell it, and find out what happened to the rest of the car. He got in touch with him, and found out that the guy had bought the car new after getting out of the service, in '70 or '71, then wrecked it after hitting some railroad tracks too fast when it was a couple of years old. Apparently it bent in the middle, popped out the front and back glass, and the trans tore the floor pan. He dragged it home, put it in the barn, and left it there, although he gave the hemi to his uncle. I think it was in Indiana, too.

He said it was grey, with a hemi stripe on the side, which I think would make it a '71 - Winchester Grey with a billboard. He had told Mike he had the front clip, because he thought that was the only part that was any good. It was still on the car. It must have been bent pretty bad, because he said only one set of wheels would touch at a time. Unfortunately, he'd gotten divorced since he and Mike had spoken, the ex-wife got the house, and he left it in the barn. Tried to get ahold of the ex-wife through the son, and the word came back that she'd just had her new boyfriend drag it out of the barn with a front-end loader, smash it flat, and load it in a dumpster, along with the rest of his stuff. At that point, it became kind of a sore spot with the guy, and I couldn't get Mike to pursue it any further. I'm not above dumpster-diving for a hemi cuda, even just to confirm the story.

Anyone else ever hear about this car? I posted about it on moparts, and never got a response. I guess nobody believed me, and I never saw it in person, but I believed it. If I can track down that uncle with the hemi, I guess that's the only way to prove it.

Re: Corn Field Cuda on eBay

Leave it to a vindictive ex to do something that stupid. I could see maybe burning the clothes, but crushing a hemi 'cuda? Man, that's just wrong. :'(

Comment

Originally posted by sedandelivery55
      Leave it to a vindictive ex to do something that stupid. I could see maybe burning the clothes, but crushing a hemi 'cuda? Man, that's just wrong. :'(
      I know, I wanted to throw up when I heard it. I had been so excited about the prospect of seeing a real barn find Hemi Cuda, and maybe getting the chance to buy it, the disappointment was huge. You'd think, somewhere along the line, she, or the boyfriend, or the son, or the guy who wrecked it would have seen a "That thing got a Hemi?" ad, or heard of Barrett Jackson, or seen a "Million Dollar Cuda" article and realized that hulk was worth something. I can't imagine knowingly blowing $100 grand or whatever she could have got for it, just to stick it to her ex one more time.

I posted about it on moparts, asking what a wrecked hemi cuda project would go for, and never got an answer. Anybody have a guess? Apparently it had no rust, low miles, but wrecked pretty bad. I actually picked up my '70 Barracuda thinking it'd be a good donor for the hemi car at the time.

Comment

She probably didn't know a wreaked car was worth that much . Sounds like every body lost out one that one!

Comment

Working...
        X