Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 Cougar

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/car/549469517.html

Looks nice. Could probably work him down a bit from the $4k asking price. I would turn it into a handler with a worked 302...

1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Re: 68 Cougar

these are cool cars ! I have a friend that his grand dad left him a mint convertible and he sold it for 6000 about 5-6 yrs ago , Should have gotten kicked out of the family for that !

Comment

when i was a kid i went to school with a kid who's dad had the same car in candy blue, it was flawless, we used to sit in the garage staring at it dreaming of the day his dad would give it to him. I lost touch with him for about 15yrs and then ran into him at a buddy's shop and he was driving the cougar, cept it was way fu*&ed up, rear suspension sagging, wheels all rusted, primer and dents all over, roach burns covering the interior, his Dad had died and left it to him and that's how it eneded up. I felt like punching him in the mouth....

Comment

Certainly looks decent for the asking price, as long as it's solid underneath as the ad suggests. Great thing about 1st gen Cougars is that the engine bay and front suspension is pretty much identical to Moosestang stuff, so you'll never get stuck waiting for some oddball part to get back on the road. And a few Cougar-specific vendors are offering more repro parts for them now.

And sequential signals are just plain cool. But I'm biased of course. ;D

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

I want that gold Cougar really badly........

Geography is the only thing keeping it out of my garage

injected 306, toploader, wheels, cleanup, drive, smile

Ax

Comment

location location location

Comment

I like those Cougars. I've driven my friend's 68 and I like them better than the Stangs even though they are heavier.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Well guys....I tried like heck to buy this car.

I REALLY want it still. I talked to him several times, was wanting him to send some more pics....He tried to send me pics and he didn't really know how to use the computer, and he was really nice about it, but didn't really "try" to sell it.

I had a friend who was going to go and get it for me and everything.

Now the add is expired, and he is not answering. I just wanted to vent my disappointment!! I've thought about this car so much I really wish I could have bought it!! It may haunt me now.

I'm not even bent on having a Cougar.....I'm bent on THIS one!!

Anyways, thanks for reading

Ax

Comment

Good luck with it. More early Cougars need loving homes.

cheers
                  Ed N.
                  Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                  07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                  88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

that car had some sort of allure.... small V-8, stick, cool color...

just not the right motivated seller!!

Check out that bucket.....just does NOT do it for me....I want that gold one!!

Ax

Comment

Working...
                    X