Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 68 Cougar

located in Tucson AZ.

I'm parting out a 1968 Mercury Cougar. This started as a frame off restoration. The body has been stripped, straightened, sanded and is in black primer sealer. It is mounted to a heavy duty body dolly. The body is complete with hood, fenders, doors, etc. I also have some interior parts such as seats, door panels, etc., and headlights, headliner, intake manifold, taillights, and many more parts. I even have the original green/blue glass. I almost forgot to mention, there's a roll cage installed inside the vehicle. The majority of these parts are interchangable with a 1967 or 1968 Mustang Shelby. This is a great classic car that would be perfect for your bracket racer, oval track, street strip, etc. Contact John at 520-628-0062 asking $1,700 or make offer, will sell in whole or in part.

Re: 68 Cougar

Originally posted by JOES66FURY

located in Tucson AZ.

I'm parting out a 1968 Mercury Cougar. This started as a frame off restoration. The body has been stripped, straightened, sanded and is in black primer sealer. It is mounted to a heavy duty body dolly. The body is complete with hood, fenders, doors, etc. I also have some interior parts such as seats, door panels, etc., and headlights, headliner, intake manifold, taillights, and many more parts. I even have the original green/blue glass. I almost forgot to mention, there's a roll cage installed inside the vehicle. The majority of these parts are interchangable with a 1967 or 1968 Mustang Shelby. This is a great classic car that would be perfect for your bracket racer, oval track, street strip, etc. Contact John at 520-628-0062 asking $1,700 or make offer, will sell in whole or in part.
    Man, that'd be a sweet project to adopt, and for the right price, too. Drum up an original 390 block and set of heads and you could end up with a nice machine when you were done. I had a buddy in high school who would take his parents 68 Cougar out on the weekends - 390, automatic, lots of grunt in that ride.

Comment

My buddy's 68 is really sweet. Even with a mild 302, it's pretty quick. I've always thought these better looking than the 67-68 Stang coupes.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

looks pretty straigh, would be a nice start fro a road race car (trans am)....

Comment

I'd be all over that if it wasn't 2/3 of the way across the friggin' continent from me. :

cheers
          Ed N.
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Any pics of Trans Am race cars make me smile.

ah

Ax

Comment

That shot reminds me of the auto-cross / conference stuff I was involved in/exposed to in 78, 79 & 80...

We had a little 72 Datsun 510 with a full cage, reworked suspension, little bitty slicks, and an obnoxious engine build: twin SU carbs, lumpy cam and a triple S head with headers, etc. Back in the day a Datsun 510 was *the* killer ride for the SCCA and Conference series, hil climbs and auto-cross stuff. I wasn't really involved long enough to say I competed (ran out of money and eventually went back to school). My partner however ended up later on owning/driving a Formula V car, a not-sure-what-class SBC Camaro, and finally ended up driving Formula Fords for many years.

I went around the track in that Camaro with him at SIR (Seattle Internation Raceway), now called Pacific Raceway Park or something. Yeehaw. Straight-line racing is cool (1320), turning left is less so (circle track), but turning left *and* right gets scary, especially if you're not driving and you're running at 130 mph+ ;D

Comment

Originally posted by wikd69

I went around the track in that Camaro with him at SIR (Seattle Internation Raceway), now called Pacific Raceway Park or something. Yeehaw. Straight-line racing is cool (1320), turning left is less so (circle track), but turning left *and* right gets scary, especially if you're not driving and you're running at 130 mph+ ;D
                That's the part of instructing at track events that I love the most ... taking passengers. Nothing like flying down the Boot at Watkins Glen, or turn 2 at Mosport, to get a terrified look going on the right-side seat occupant's face. ;D

cheers
                Ed N.
                Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                X