Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400HP LT1/LT4 For Sale $2500

Anyone need a good LT1?

This one is complete, and for an extra $500 will include the GM ECU that is already flashed for it, and a complete Painless Wiring setup to put it into any non-efi car.

This engine was built in Car Craft Magazine and is legit. I've seen it run, and everything on it and in it is top notch. John McGann is the one selling it.

This engine began life as an all-iron 350 CID LT1 in a 94 Caprice police car. The short block has been fully machined, bored 0.030 inch oversized, and professionally rebuilt with a new Scat crankshaft, Mahle pistons, and Clevite rings and bearings.

New Edelbrock LT4 RPM Xtreme cylinder heads and Harland Sharp 1.6:1 roller rocker arms were installed, as well as an Edelbrock LT4 Air Gap intake manifold and new Accel 26 lb/hr fuel injectors. The cam is a custom-ground Comp Cams hydraulic roller with 218/224 degrees duration at 0.050-inch lift, 0.570/0.565-inch valve lift and a 117 degree lobe separation angle. In addition, a number of sensors were replaced including the ultra-expensive Optispark distributor. It now has the upgraded MSD version on it.

This engine was run on an engine dyno only. It has never been installed in a car and has about twenty dyno pulls on it. It made 412 hp and 402 lb-ft of torque.

For local pick-up only, please. it is located in Gardena 90249. Please bring an engine stand or moto feet, the stand in the pictures is not mine and can't go with the engine.

Also, I have a GM ECM and a Painless Performance wiring harness that I will sell with the engine for an additional $500. This setup would make a perfect swap into an older, non-fuel injected GM muscle car.

Call John at 310 699-9538 Here is the craigslist ad with photos. http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...505782991.html

*** Note: If a BangShifter buys it, I (BangShiftChad) will make the shipping arrangements as long as you pay for all crate and shipping costs.
    "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Re: 400HP LT1/LT4 For Sale $2500

For your convenience, here are the pics ...

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad

*** Note: If a BangShifter buys it, I (BangShiftChad) will make the shipping arrangements as long as you pay for all crate and shipping costs.
      I'm tempted to buy it just to give Chad the headache of sending it to the other side of the world ;D
      Tim
      Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Drool ;D
        So. Central PA
        Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

C'mon, inheritance....(Chevelle could be saved!) Is he the guy that was trying to build an 84-ish Caprice Coupe? What happened to it?
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
            C'mon, inheritance....(Chevelle could be saved!) Is he the guy that was trying to build an 84-ish Caprice Coupe? What happened to it?
            During the move at Source Interlink everything that belonged to editors had to go from the shop. The Caprice was a casualty.

I was there with John on dyno day and can tell you thing engine roars.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

John just relisted the engine on craigslist, and here is the new link. In addition, if someone from the BangShift Forums buys the engine for $2500, he will throw in the computer and harness for free. So $2500 get's you the entire package.
              It's a great deal. Buy it.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/1519890434.html

"A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
              X