Rebel Flag Peace Sign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebel Flag Peace Sign?

I'm bored and browsing eBay, and I found this, it doesn't make any sense to me

Redneck Hippie? Wait, so I guess this is for Charlie Daniels fans
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Re: Rebel Flag Peace Sign?

I find it funny it is a confedarate battle flag with a peace sign lol

Comment

Kinda conflicted this confederate?
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle Kammback
        I'm bored and browsing eBay, and I found this, it doesn't make any sense to me
        Redneck Hippie?
        What is so confusing about incorporating a flag motif into the peace sign ?
        The American flag version has been around since the late 60's ...
        .. and quit being lazy, only posting a link. We like pics around here !

Comment

The Confederate Flag is widely misrepresented, misunderstood and misused as a symbol of hate, racism and prejudice.
          The South still uses it today to show pride in our ancestors belief of unity of Southern America and unjust financial oppression by the 19th century Northern "industrial" states.
          ;)

"What is now often called "The Confederate Flag" or "The Confederate Battle Flag" (actually a combination of the battle flag's colors with the second naval jack design), despite its never having historically represented the CSA as a nation, has become a widely recognized symbol of the South. It is also called the "rebel", "Southern Cross, or "Dixie" flag, and is often incorrectly referred to as the "Stars and Bars" (the actual "Stars and Bars" is the First National Flag, which used an entirely different design)."

First national flag ("the Stars and Bars")

"The display of the Confederate flag remains a highly controversial and emotional topic, generally because of disagreement over the nature of its symbolism.

Opponents of the Confederate flag see it as an overt symbol of racism (especially directed toward African Americans), both for the history of racial slavery in the United States, and the establishment of Jim Crow laws by Southern states following the end of Reconstruction in late 1870s, enforcing racial segregation within state borders for nearly a century until the Civil Rights Movement. Some hate groups use the Southern Cross as one of the symbols associated with their organizations, including racist groups such as the Neo-Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan. The flag is also sometimes used by separatist organizations such as the Aryan Nations. The Aryan Nation also uses the U.S. flag as well as the Christian flag displayed in some Protestant churches.

Supporters of the flag view it as a symbol of heritage and the freedom of the distinct cultural tradition of the South from the oppression of Northern government. Also, in light of some schools and universities banning it as a racist symbol in their "speech codes", it could also be seen as a symbol of freedom of speech."

Source: Wikipedia

Read more about it here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confede...nfederate_Flag

Comment

Thanks for the link and history lesson Franklin ;D

If you don't watch out we'll ban you too...

Comment

Working...
            X