More buick wagon goodness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More buick wagon goodness

I'm ashamed to admit it, but i can't tell if this is an A body or a B body...
    1965 Buick Sport Wagon
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1654353740.html

Re: More buick wagon goodness

A body. Thats a Skylark wagon . Nice too!

Comment

Technically it's a Sport Wagon not a Skylark with the vista roof and the longer wheelbase. Also rode on a boxed frame unlike similar Special wagons which used 4dr chassis and unboxed frames for their flat roof.
      Central TEXAS Sleeper
      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

The back doors are longer, aren't they ?

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
          The back doors are longer, aren't they ?
          I don't think so but I've never measured a set. They very well could be. Honestly I think the 64-65 Buick A-bodies were the best looking A-bodies ever and weirdly I like the 4drs as much if not more than their 2dr and 2dr Sedan brethren.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by CTX-SLPR
            Technically it's a Sport Wagon not a Skylark with the vista roof and the longer wheelbase. Also rode on a boxed frame unlike similar Special wagons which used 4dr chassis and unboxed frames for their flat roof.
            I was not aware that a long wheelbase A body frame existed prior to '68. Also, reference in the ad to a Wildcat engine made me thing if might be a B-body. A little research shows that Buick used the Wildcat 375 label on both the 401 nailhead and the 4bbl 340.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking someone swapped in a later 4bbl 340 since the top dog engine in those wagons was a 4bbl 300, the Wildcat 355. Supposedly the Vista Cruiser and the Sport Wagon rode on a 2in longer frame. I can tell you that in person the cars are longer side by side but I didn't look at the wheels to tell if they weren't the same, going off of passed down info there.
              Central TEXAS Sleeper
              USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

I was brought home from the hospital in a blue '64 Special Wagon.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

What a bitchin' ride .... I had a '73 Olds Vista Cruiser and I just loved the views from all those windows !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X