58 Ford 2 door wagon....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Ford 2 door wagon....

Any BS'ers in Minnesota with a sense of adventure and a truck and trailer?

I want this thing bad but it would likely end in divorce....

There's always something new to learn.

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
    Any BS'ers in Minnesota with a sense of adventure and a truck and trailer?

I want this thing bad but it would likely end in divorce....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...84.m1423.l2649
    Hurry up & get that over to Todd's house, he loves rust!

Comment

If I was retired - I'd have the truck and trailer already headed to Min - then to Todds with a check.... but I'm not retired or wealthy - so - this will have to be another dream that stays in my head.

I seriously have never seen one of those 2 door wagons in person, and I've been to a fair number of all ford events.

Comment

There was a shop next to a machine shop I worked at that had a 57 Ranch Wagon 2dr, boy was it nice...

Comment

I can't help but wonder what the ranger drive train would do in that thing, or if the body would fit on the ranger frame for that matter.... I must stop thinking about it.

Comment

OMG! My first car was a rusty '58 2 door Ford wagon..... bought it for $10 from my aunt.
            Musta rebuilt the carb a couple times just for fun.
            Had the Interceptor 352 engine - ran like stink!
            Sold it when I graduated high school back in '74, and bought a '64 2 door Galaxie.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

how far is that wagon from Wichita? Maybe it's the Dad part of me kicking in - but I'm just in love with old wagons - and a two door in the same body style as my Dads first new car - a 59 Ford.... divorce really is expensive.

Comment

Putting that on Ranger IFS would be a step backwards, even for a '50's car?

Never understood why Ford was so in love with that camber tweaker design for so long?

I love all of the wagons. Did you know that the name "Station Wagon" goes all the way back to horse-n-buggy days?

The horse-drawn wagon that delivered passengers from the train station to their ultimate destination was commonly referred to as the Station Wagon. It could haul several people in relative comfort and also all their trappings.

Cool huh? I've got lots more worthless trivia where that came from.....

(I'll co-pilot to help go retrieve that Ford when you do the deed. See how enabling I can be? Seriously.... count me in)
                Last edited by STINEY; September 15, 2011, 10:41 AM.
                Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Stiney - any chance we could pick up the wagon and that jeep you were looking at in the same trip - my trailer might actually be long enough.

This wagon listing has been up there for a long time - the fact that there are no other pictures of it makes me more than a little afraid of what is actually left of the car - I'm fine with no engine and trans - but does it have any interior at all? Just how bad is the rust - can I see through the back of those quarters or is it just the shadow in the picture? Any chance the windows still roll up and down in those front doors? I hate working on the insides of doors.

Comment

I bet I could find a jeep to fit my "needs" somewhere along the proposed journey.

On the wagon, easy enough to fire off an e-mail and ask for some more pictures? Maybe even ask for them to give you a call, being that communicating by email is so cumbersome? If they are real dweebs you can just hang up?

PB Blaster can fix just about any derelict window mechanism I've run across, if you put it on thick enough and often enough....

Comment

this guy has a TON of cool cars for sale - but the old wagon sure does look way worse the more pictures you look at.... she's too far gone for me.
                      Last edited by milner351; September 15, 2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Wow. That would take some doing to bring back. How exactly does that left quarter end up tweaked out like that anyways? Dude does have some interesting junk.

Comment

If it was in better shape, that would complete my trifecta of a '58 wagon from each of the " low price three "
                          58 Plymouth Sport Suburban. 526 cubic inches of angry wedge! Pushbutton shifted 9 passenger killer!!"

Comment

Working...
                          X