X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very rare boxer

1980 lancia gamma 2500
    2.5 liter flat four..

did not know lancia went that route, only knew of the flavia.

$790 and I am crying.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Interesting. Wrong side of the country for me.
    I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
      Interesting. Wrong side of the country for me.
      I actually found another one down by the coast. not a gamma, an alfa romeo 3 main boxer 16valve...also proven to be very rare.
      coastal eccentrics I assume..alot of hiding things.

this one and the price..its just wow. it could be a pininfarina to hack up and save the engine. the gamma is crazier than a subaru loyale 2wd. No offense, its the facts. The engine is the gem. even the tranny is crap.

I ponder my ten speed AWD tranny in a heavier wagon with that engine. play rare for a good build at least.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 27, 2012, 08:39 PM.
      Previously boxer3main

Comment

I couldn't remember what they looked like, Ah Ha! Kind of cool I guess. I hope they guy has LOTS of parts because I'm sure they're a bitch to track down.

Click image for larger version

Name:	58983.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	864289
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

reading history..I did some homework along the way. I even made a video maybe 6-7 years ago. the boxer is a tortured engine, and its destination..
          the gamma was designed for a v6, they changed it to goofy front end hood to ride low taking advtantage of the boxers low height. made the body even goofier. Something even italians messed up is the facts of an exotic torque dispersal, 3 main boxers give it. the alfa romeo, all goofballs. It is like the loyale 2wd I had on steroids.. and I wrecked the crazy fast 2wd loyale for not enough back end thought. same for the lancia and alfa. it makes porsches seem perfect.(and those are not either)
          anyway, borrowed a photo from lancia gamma forum

lancia gamma boxer engine, showing 3 mains. it could be the biggest 3 main boxer the modern world ever got. there was versions with 36 webers, and bosch fuel injection...and they never got a chassis exaxtly designed for them.

subaru did something much better in comparison. the cars never got any other engine...still needed to weld to an underestimation of real power from self balance...but, at least front end was boxer designed from get go.

the next go with these, as they are future.. I bet they get it right finally.
          Last edited by Barry Donovan; September 27, 2012, 09:13 PM.
          Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
          X