X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 Malibu

Roller, cheap..

That's very interesting............

And I already have a complete drivetrain all ready right here.

The fact that it seems to come with a complete replacement floorsection does scare me just a tad though.

Is this close to you?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
      That's very interesting............

And I already have a complete drivetrain all ready right here.

The fact that it seems to come with a complete replacement floorsection does scare me just a tad though.

Is this close to you?
      The car is in Bedford about a hour away from me.
      It looks like a good car from the pictures..

Comment

A chevy with Olds rallyes - don't see that every day.

Stiney - hows the cadicstang? jetboat? buggies? oh sorry - I'm not one to talk, you still have barn space.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

just DO IT!!!

Is that a one-piece full floor? WTF where'd he/she/they get that. I NEED one. OPG only lists a four-piece for my 75 A-body, or at least they did when I bought the parts.

Parts are easy to find, well after years of research they are.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
            Stiney - hows the cadicstang? jetboat? buggies? oh sorry - I'm not one to talk, you still have barn space.
            Wow, the voice of reason from a clear sky. Thanks!

Comment

Honestly - wouldn't the caddy / TH400 be easier to fit into this chebby than a fox?

Comment

No - it wouldn't.

Ooooh Look!! a chicken!
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Honestly....... nope. The 500/Fox swap fits so well you'd swear those Ford engineers had it in mind. Making it fit in a A or G body GM chassis is lots more tricky.

For instance - - GM swap, oil pump/filter hitting swaybar, passenger side head hitting air box, driver side manifold hitting steering shaft, front crank pulley REAL close to sway bar, front drain plug on eldorado rear sump pan hitting crossmember, column shift linkage hitting driver side head/exhaust manifold.

Now in the Fox chassis - - the front swaybar mounts line right up with the 500 motor mounts. Easy to fab a mount there. Eldo pan has plenty of clearance on factory k-member, and even more with a tubular k-member. No airbox in drivers compartment, no factory column shift linkage. Factory RWD exhaust manifolds interfere with nothing. The only other thing to really fabricate is the transmission mount.

Comment

Dang - you make that sound realy easy - so why isn't it your daily driver yet?

LOL

Comment

I asked for that one didn't I........

Okay - - how about "That's the reason I've made as much progress as I have"? If it was really hard I'd have nothing done?

Comment

Great driving cars . You can put a 2nd gen trans am big sway bar on there and it turns great too.

Comment

Working...
                        X