Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 75 Bricklin

Rough but reasonable?

I have to admit.....I looked for the phone number. Seriously thought of getting more details.

Am I crazy?
    Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post
      I have to admit.....I looked for the phone number. Seriously thought of getting more details.

Am I crazy?
      Not really, those are rare cars. My friend lives down there, I can ask if he'll look?

Comment

rare and difficult to get parts for - I worked on one for a guy here at work - his was powered by a 351w / FMX - others had different powertrains, mopar and AMC I think.

the gullwing doors can be a nightmare - interior parts are unobtanium, and they are NOT LIGHT - it was dubbed by "sir malcom" as a safety car - that's why for the ugly bumpers.

proceed with extreme caution - they were produced with gell coat like boats - if it's been painted - you'll know it's been messed with.
        - but you have boat connections - so gell coat don't skeer you!
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

How was it to sit in or drive? I had a Bradley GTII, very, very similar styling......entry and exit was interesting.

Wonder how much damage the frame suffers sitting on the ground like that? Lafayette is swamp country right?

Comment

it wasn't bad to get in and out of - but it's definitely a 2 seater - no hope of anything but a duffle bag behind the seats, battery is back there too... in a fiberglass coffin that's not fun to access.

I don't remember much about the frame, but there's a big step over like the 70's vettes - the seat is lower than the door sill by at least 6-8".

Comment

So its like getting out of a Jeep CJ.....better pick up your feet if you don't want to look like a fool.

Comment

74 model had an AMC 360, 75-76 had 351w's.
                I know a guy who had one, the car was physically nice..
                But the doors failed while his wife & daughter were driving it. They had fun getting them out!

It'd be a cool car if you set the body on a different frame... maybe..

Comment

Originally posted by STINEY View Post

Am I crazy?
                  Yes

Comment

Im sure there's a forum or two dedicated to these things - i want to say that some one had come up for a conversion using high pressure gas cylinders like hold up most hatch backs now - to replace the ill fated vacuum operated OEM lifting mechanisms.

Stiney - once you finish the jetboat and caddicstang - I can think of far less saddistic projects to take on than one of these!

Comment

One project at a time?

Comment

it pains me to be the voice of reason, please forgive...

Comment

No, no.... I needed that reality slap. Thanks bro!

Comment

Bah.. because race car!

... http://bricklin-sv-1-build-history.com/photo_7.html
                            Last edited by tardis454; March 5, 2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X