• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tardis454
    replied
    Bah.. because race car!

... http://bricklin-sv-1-build-history.com/photo_7.html
    Last edited by tardis454; March 5, 2013, 12:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    No, no.... I needed that reality slap. Thanks bro!

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    it pains me to be the voice of reason, please forgive...

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    One project at a time?

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    Im sure there's a forum or two dedicated to these things - i want to say that some one had come up for a conversion using high pressure gas cylinders like hold up most hatch backs now - to replace the ill fated vacuum operated OEM lifting mechanisms.

Stiney - once you finish the jetboat and caddicstang - I can think of far less saddistic projects to take on than one of these!

Leave a comment:

• mike343sharpstick
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    I have to admit.....I looked for the phone number. Seriously thought of getting more details.

Am I crazy?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• tardis454
    replied
    74 model had an AMC 360, 75-76 had 351w's.
    I know a guy who had one, the car was physically nice..
    But the doors failed while his wife & daughter were driving it. They had fun getting them out!

It'd be a cool car if you set the body on a different frame... maybe..

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    So its like getting out of a Jeep CJ.....better pick up your feet if you don't want to look like a fool.

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    it wasn't bad to get in and out of - but it's definitely a 2 seater - no hope of anything but a duffle bag behind the seats, battery is back there too... in a fiberglass coffin that's not fun to access.

I don't remember much about the frame, but there's a big step over like the 70's vettes - the seat is lower than the door sill by at least 6-8".

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied
    How was it to sit in or drive? I had a Bradley GTII, very, very similar styling......entry and exit was interesting.

Wonder how much damage the frame suffers sitting on the ground like that? Lafayette is swamp country right?

Leave a comment:

• milner351
    replied
    rare and difficult to get parts for - I worked on one for a guy here at work - his was powered by a 351w / FMX - others had different powertrains, mopar and AMC I think.

the gullwing doors can be a nightmare - interior parts are unobtanium, and they are NOT LIGHT - it was dubbed by "sir malcom" as a safety car - that's why for the ugly bumpers.

proceed with extreme caution - they were produced with gell coat like boats - if it's been painted - you'll know it's been messed with.
    - but you have boat connections - so gell coat don't skeer you!

Leave a comment:

• tardis454
    replied
    Originally posted by STINEY View Post
    I have to admit.....I looked for the phone number. Seriously thought of getting more details.

Am I crazy?
    Not really, those are rare cars. My friend lives down there, I can ask if he'll look?

Leave a comment:

• STINEY
    replied

Am I crazy?

Leave a comment:

• tardis454
    started a topic 75 Bricklin

75 Bricklin

Rough but reasonable?

Working...
X