2000 gmc: L31 vortec 5.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 gmc: L31 vortec 5.7

this one is for aging gurus like myself.

$2950

what caught me off a little was the year 2000 for a 1999 generation ending smallblock...by factory.

the single lamps, plain jane, and begging for the ever common sight in the 70s- 80s of 30-36 inch tires within the wells and no lift.

I like this alot.

I ponder an edlebrock setup, crane optical. duals with an H-pipe.. just nice, and 20s mpg.

if you are unfamilar with all the gm v8s, wikipedia has a great article:

Attached Files
    Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 8, 2014, 07:51 PM.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Are you asking for permission? DO IT. I have 200K+ on my '97 1500. I bought it at 44K and put the rest of the miles on it myself. Nothing but regular maintenance items and use GREEN anti-freeze. Mine has true duals to the muffler from the factory. Muffler is two in, one out and could easily be converted to complete duals.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

that looks mighty clean for a maine truck..

Comment

5K truck here .... I'd snatch it up if I was closer ...
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster View Post
          5K truck here .... I'd snatch it up if I was closer ...
          that got me too, the price.

..and that year. For gm stuff, I like looking at the last of something, might find it as new in a fleet trucks that continued. It could pass as a fleet something. like a power company truck.

the monojet carb I am running went right into the 1990s (just one example), last update was the 70s.

the smallblcok went on the rugged as well.

tomorrow, the sube goes for inspected. I may take the drive and throw it at the dealer see what he or she says.
          about 400 miles round trip.
          Previously boxer3main

Comment

My better halfs dad has a 2000 chev 1500 5 speed 4x4 that i love to play with, i soo want to convince him to drop a V8 in it
            give me a car and i will fix it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CDNtech View Post
              My better halfs dad has a 2000 chev 1500 5 speed 4x4 that i love to play with, i soo want to convince him to drop a V8 in it
              when this place goes arctic tundra, tha automatics need special treatment to get going in the morning, then sustain all day.

cars witha v8 did better, the heat can't escape the low height..trucks arent so lucky.

anyway, when busy neighborhoods go silent, awakened by machines that can keep going.. the stick shift is always there, could be 30 years old or more..

that is the only drawback I am thinking right now..the automatic. I have been on this doomsday super machine building for 17 years now..not even crazy.

the old sube did pass inspection, and its real value is beyond equal. Still tempted to drive down there see what it is exactly..
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 11, 2014, 05:44 PM.
              Previously boxer3main

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                this one is for aging gurus like myself.

$2950

what caught me off a little was the year 2000 for a 1999 generation ending smallblock...by factory.

the single lamps, plain jane, and begging for the ever common sight in the 70s- 80s of 30-36 inch tires within the wells and no lift.

I like this alot.

I ponder an edlebrock setup, crane optical. duals with an H-pipe.. just nice, and 20s mpg.

if you are unfamilar with all the gm v8s, wikipedia has a great article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Vortec_engine#5700

My friends 95 K1500 work truck caught fire a few years ago and he needed an immediate replacement. I found him a (identical to the truck you posted) 2000 K2500 on craigslist for $3600 out the door. He's since removed the sealed beam W/T front end and replaced it with a composite front and a cow catcher. The sealed beam to composite swap was easy, all that was needed was a couple pig tails from any GM w/composite lights, and of course the lights and grill. The core support remains the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chevy_2500_2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	875396

For $2950 I'd say buy it Barry. My friend uses his 2500 for servicing gas/oil wells, it's got about 160k now and still runs and drives really good.

Comment

I am tempted to get off my butt and do something..
                  I am self conscious over the asian steretype as a trade towards it.

nobody acknowledges builders, or gets their own head out of their ass.

I was just rethinking the recent state inspection. As most know, my subaru is a midget, even the brake pedal steel can be snapped off by an american sized foot.

Anyway, I look over and the mechanic is stomped down on it, all 6 foot plus 200 pounds of his leg..

what the...

it survived, but those events have been driving me nuts for 17 years of old subaru. They never even found a jacking point.

Me and sales with facts just gets angry, maybe take a middle person to communicate.
                  Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 12, 2014, 10:20 AM.
                  Previously boxer3main

Comment

Working...
                  X