• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1978 Ford Granada - $1800 4 speed Manual Transmission

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Needs a clutch? T5 goes right in! ugh... want. but its this or motorbike.
    Local person
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RustyRodder View Post
      Needs a clutch? T5 goes right in! ugh... want. but its this or motorbike.
      put a coyote in it....

cant go wrong with a Granada
      Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

I would daily drive that thing until there was nothing left of it..... if I didn't have a wife and little boy.

One of these days I'm going to find the right combination of practical and cheap (insurance and registration especially)
        I keep coming back to a fairmont wagon with EFI 5.0 / aod swap.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          I would daily drive that thing until there was nothing left of it..... if I didn't have a wife and little boy.

One of these days I'm going to find the right combination of practical and cheap (insurance and registration especially)
          I keep coming back to a fairmont wagon with EFI 5.0 / aod swap.

Id love to have a fox chassis LTD, sedan or wagon. my parents had one when I was a kid. it was kind of clapped out but I still remember that brown box
          Hellinor- 2005 Mustang GT-Bolt ons, in need of a turbo

War Wagon- 1966 Bel Air Wagon-355 Crate motor, 700r4, flies pretty good for a brick...

Comment

agreed - it's hard to argue the value position of a fox chassis. I just can't get past the low profile tires, cyber gadgets, and ridiculous insurance and registration fees on anything even within 5 years of new. They get you coming and going. On the "roads" we have especially after this winter - I want every bit of a 70 or 75 series tire! The only folks happy about this freeze thaw stuff are road contractors and tire/wheel stores.

It would be hard to beat the value of a fox platform wagon or sedan with EFI / overdrive and insurance / plates that were so cheap in comparison to a new car it would pay for the fuel economy shortfall by a good margin.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

ait gonna lie, i like it, I like it a lot! I would drive it every stinking day...kids or not...climb in you rat bastards..I did it, you can do it...suck it up!
              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                ait gonna lie, i like it, I like it a lot! I would drive it every stinking day...kids or not...climb in you rat bastards..I did it, you can do it...suck it up!
                F'n hilarious. You couldn't give those things away 10 years ago.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Yeah but now its classic!
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                  X