X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1971 INTERNATIONAL PICK UP STEP SIDE - $1000

Re: 1971 INTERNATIONAL PICK UP STEP SIDE - $1000

i dig it my first car was almost a scout
    but my pops said no because it was at his work with the front dif in pieces so i ended up on my 67 c 10 short bed and still have it but i like that truck

Comment

Wow...I've never seen one of those, short-bed stepside. That looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by kso4
        Wow...I've never seen one of those, short-bed stepside. That looks cool.

That is good looking would love to own one!

Comment

good looking trucks IMO, neighbor had a red one when I was a kid....loved that truck

Comment

Sweet truck. Wouldnt mind finding one in that condition. Good canidate for a Cummins swap.
            Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Wow, I don' think I've ever encountered so many cornbinder fans in one thread before! ;)

(I never liked them, but I still don't)

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                Wow, I don' think I've ever encountered so many cornbinder fans in one thread before! ;)

(I never liked them, but I still don't)

Car snob ;)

Comment

My dislike for them started when I was a kid.....it was only later that I discovered that I had good instincts, when I got to work on them....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Kind wierd. Don't know why a vehicle that is that big needs to have the exhaust manifold a quarter-inch away from the frame, when there's four inches between the motor and the firewall... Strange valve arrangement, the tops of the stems are all in line but the valves splay OUTWARD from there, like the opposite of a hemi. Seems like the exhausts would get some uneven blast of hot air and indeed they are sodium-filled, stock. Gear drive cam. Huge flywheel.

There are a couple guys with Int'ls that still run around here. I had a very beat '70 3/4ton 4x4 but parted it out. Manual steering on a pickup truck with 800lb engine (guessing [smirk]) and cast-iron trans and t-case...those were the days! Mine had the most worn steering box I have ever seen on a modern vehicle.

International and Jeep caught a lot of criticism for being the oddballs and not keeping up with customer tastes. I'm sure neither company had the sales or resources. At least the Binders had a good tough frame and some room in the cab, Jeeps were kinda weak there.

Comment

I could definitely own that truck. I'd probably swap the motor though. From what I remember of them as a kid, they weren't very reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by HillbillySailor
                        I could definitely own that truck. I'd probably swap the motor though. From what I remember of them as a kid, they weren't very reliable.
                        That's why my thought is a Cummins with a 5-speed.
                        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Working...
                        X