Just missed out on a free hemi...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just missed out on a free hemi...

On my local craigslist. Woman says her husband died a few years ago and she is cleaning out his stuff. Doesn't want to pay to have this "car motor" hauled away. First one to come get it takes it free. Paperwork says 1970 Hemi!!! Picture and everything. I hesitate, figure it's a scam. But what if it isn't? My wife will understand me leaving in the middle of the night to borrow a truck to pick up an old engine when I flip it for ...how much I wonder?

Anyway. I email a response. Anxiously check my inbox. Posting is gone. Some other guy hit the jackpot first, or it was scam and got flagged.
    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Re: Just missed out on a free hemi...

I just saw a nice mid 60s Vette on the local craigslist, 390 hp 427, for $5900. Same deal with old lady selling it.

I emailed that she left a zero off the price...

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Gotta be a scam. here it is again. Same picture of Hemi. Add car this time. This time it's the guy giving it away.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...930157921.html
      1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

didn't last long
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Someone sold an 85 Regal WH1 (the T-type with the grey and black 2 tone paint job) for like $3000 here in great shape on Craigslist. Said his son was a Marine killed in Afganistan and he couldn't live with the memory of his car sitting in his garage. I called but got no responce or return call. It lasted like 2hrs on craigslist and never reappeared so I think it was probably legit or a scam not a mistake in the pricing.
          Central TEXAS Sleeper
          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Working...
          X