Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 Corvair-275 bucks !

Re: 63 Corvair-275 bucks !

you're killin me here, stop......i was just thinking about these again..........it's been years......
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Man is that tempting ...

Where the hell is Kingston or Hudson Valley anyhow ??

???

Comment

Neat car.... that would be fun.

Comment

Ah, a suburb of metropolitan New York City, thanks.

Comment

You would fly to Albany it would be closer.Ever seen Albany ? You would be better off in NYC.

Comment

There's a black '63 Corvair Spyder in really nice shape in the local salvage yard. I may try to grab it this year. Someone unloaded it for scrap last summer and the yard owner had the presence of mind to keep it near the office so nothing happened to it. Some surface rust, nice interior.

Comment

Andy, how about salt in Vermont ?
                Anthony said they use clay in Connecticut.

Comment

Up here they use salt, sand, gravel, and worst of all, a chloride mixture that eats metal faster than salt. It's a liquid mix that gets in every crack and crevice, where salt doesn't usually go.

My '97 F150 was ruined by salt, otherwise I would probaby still have it. I got rid of it 3 years ago and the rockers were gone, the doors were rusted at the bottom, and the box was rusted through, and was not really attached to the frame anymore. Sold it cheap to a guy who just wanted something to run through the woods to get to his hunting camp.

Any old cars still around here were not run in the salt, or in the case of ALL my cars, are from the South or out West.

Comment

Andy,

Is that what that crap is that they spray out the back of the water truck just before a snowstorm? I heard it was really bad and it really dosent seem to make a difference.

Comment

I just know it turns snow into the consistancy of powdered mashed potatoes and will take the polish right off your shoes. They used to spray it on the marble at the Air Force Academy and it would eat your leather shoes alive.
                      Central TEXAS Sleeper
                      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
                        Andy,

Is that what that crap is that they spray out the back of the water truck just before a snowstorm? I heard it was really bad and it really dosent seem to make a difference.
                        That is the stuff. They claim it sticks to road better, doesn't blow off like salt does, and gives better coverage. With all the militant environmentalists and tree huggers here, I would have thought they'd stop using that stuff and salt altogether.

Comment

It's magnesium chloride, the cousin of sodium chloride(regular salt). It doesn't form crystals as readily as sodium chloride and just remains as a thin layer. The reason it's used is because it litterally sticks to the street and doesn't wear off easily when it's dry, where salt would get blown off the road way. We use it at the mine for dust control in the summer because it makes the dirt stick together and we use it in the winter to keep our 10%-12% grade roads from icing up. Does nasty nasty things to our F-250's, makes the winter mud that cakes up harder than the steel Ford uses :

And it does seem more corrosive than regular salt, but I think it's more of it's ability to spread out more evenly than sodium salt.
                          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                          X