Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Midget

Now THESE were some odd little cars
    Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Bunch of them around here. Local Shriners used some, and some were used in the aircraft plants. There's a nice one in the Kansas Aviation Museum here in Wichita.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Look like rebodied E-Z Goes ...... Did the engine run backwards for reverse too?
      Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

From what I remember that should be an 8 hp briggs - I am not sure they had reverse. If it did, I imagine it was starter/generator pulleyed. The advertisements and videos I've seen of them on the History Channel's "Automobiles" show from years ago had the guy lifting the front end up and pulling it to the direction he wanted to go. They were apparently street legal, which makes me kind of want one until I see that DFW is a land of F250 Super Yachts who's tires are taller than the car!
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

okay, I caved. Had to look it up... they were Wisconsin powered, no reverse.

king midget, king midget cars, trainer, commuter, junior, scooter, club special, jamboree, events, microcars, IKMCC, International King midget car club, membership, classifieds, cars for sale, parts for sale, cars wanted, vendors, links, king midget books, king midget brochures, shop notes, updates, newsletter, lee seats, athens, ohio

My Ezgo spins backwards for reverse, but it's a two stroke Robin... from what I could see it moves the timing plate when you switch for reverse and the starter/gen runs backwards and starts the motor backwards. It'd be a great transplant for a King!
          Last edited by Beagle; October 14, 2014, 03:43 AM.
          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
          X