No announcement yet.

Anyone into cushmans or other scooters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone into cushmans or other scooters?

I noticed all the talk about cool old scooters and figured I'd see if anyone was into actual scooters. There have been several Cushmans that have stayed at my house and I'm now going for a Mustang motorcycle (scooter) to play with. Anyone got silly stuff like this?
    Nik

Re: Anyone into cushmans or other scooters?

Here's a few pics of the bikes I'm talking about.
    Nik

Comment

Nik those ate bitchen...

Our local car show has a group of guys that ride thier mustangs and eagles to the show every year... it's quite a spectical... like 8 of these things... fun stuff...

K

Comment

I have a Silver Pigeon that is completely disassembled and painted mint green bodied and grey framed. Need to buy the white walls from Coker and have some rechroming done yet. Ever hear of 'em?

Comment

Originally posted by AFFORDILLAC
          I have a Silver Pigeon that is completely disassembled and painted mint green bodied and grey framed. Need to buy the white walls from Coker and have some rechroming done yet. Ever hear of 'em?
          Oh yeah, those little Mitsubishi scooters are cool. Very Vespa-esque. Which model do you have?

Nik

Comment

When I was a kid, those Cushmans were THE BOMB (as I guess the kids say now). You either had to have an indulgent parent or one that looked the other way - I had neither. Vespas were new and not considered as cool, but still OK. In my senior year (1965), the little Hondas had just come to our area, and it took a while for those to get the "cool" stamp.

Dan

Comment

Nik,

Those are some really cool scooters.

8)

Comment

I'd love to find a nice Mustang to fix up... I've got a few Schwinn Stingrays (used to own 12 Krates but I sold them all) and a Batavus moped but I've always wanted a scooter...

Comment

[quote=71SC/360 ]
                  I'd love to find a nice Mustang to fix up... I've got a few Schwinn Stingrays (used to own 12 Krates but I sold them all) and a Batavus moped but I've always wanted a scooter...

I might be your huckleberry then. I have an early Mustang roller (model 2) if you're interested.

Nik

Comment

If I get one I'd like one that's complete, that needs a resto and is not to far away (I live in western NY). That way I don't have to spend a lot of time parts searching....

Comment

Working...
                    X